Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Can i use an unlcoked Verizon iphone 5 on straight talk t-mobile compatible sim card

Hi there,well i got a problem that i cant solve by myself.I just bought a Verizon iphone 5 ,and got it unlocked.Next step that i trying to do is to get a 45$ straight talk plan,and when im trying to buy the card online it says in the description that is T-Mobile Compatible SIM Card ,this is the onlye they sell ,and is not micro sim,only says its a
    You will need a compatible GSM T-Mobile phone. You may also use an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with T-Mobile
    Can i buy it and use it on my iphone 5 verizon,this is the only option they got on the website.Tried to find a at&t micro sim ,but None,Zero on the website
    iPhone 5
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: Can i use an unlcoked Verizon iphone 5 on straight talk t-mobile compatible sim card

You'll have to cut the card down to fit.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Can i use an unlcoked Verizon iphone 5 on straight talk t-mobile compatible sim card

obviously i'll cut it ,but it says on the website that i have to buy a compatible GSM T-Mobile phone or an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with T-Mobile,this will work on iphone 5 verizon?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Can i use an unlcoked Verizon iphone 5 on straight talk t-mobile compatible sim card

Quote Originally Posted by stanbanari View Post
    obviously i'll cut it ,but it says on the website that i have to buy a compatible GSM T-Mobile phone or an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with T-Mobile,this will work on iphone 5 verizon?
    Yes it will work. The iPhone 5 covers all gsm bands, including 1900 which is what tmobile uses which is why they wanted you to get a tmobile compatible phone. You may not get fast data, depending on which frequencies they use for it, but you will at least get basic EDGE or 3G.
    Veizon iPhone 6, 128GB Space Gray
    iPad Mini 16GB Black
    iPod 4 64GB Black
    My CrackBerry Marketplace feedback!!
    iPhone Nanite

I had the same question and called straight talk. they said they dont activate verison phones anhymore. So idk if once the card is cut if they will still do it or wat. they wouldnt sell me a card for it...humph....
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Scott View Post
    I had the same question and called straight talk. they said they dont activate verison phones anhymore. So idk if once the card is cut if they will still do it or wat. they wouldnt sell me a card for it...humph....
    nothing to activate. pop the SIM card in and go.its just like any other GSM phone.
    Veizon iPhone 6, 128GB Space Gray
    iPad Mini 16GB Black
    iPod 4 64GB Black
    My CrackBerry Marketplace feedback!!
    iPhone Nanite

It works, no jailbreak or unlocking required, just put in the sim card and go Verizon iPhone 5's come factory unlocked.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,949 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Verizon phones are unlocked just order card and use it

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !