Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default iPhone 5 prepaid plan in the USA

Hi,

I'm from Belgium, and this summer I'm going to be staying 6 weeks in San Francisco to take a summer course at Berkeley. Now, do you guys have any advice what's the best prepaid data plan I can get for my iPhone 5? Texts and internet are pretty important for me, as well as receiving international calls. Which carrier do you guys advice and what plan since I don't even know how to begin looking for all that.

Global Posts
    11,089 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: iPhone 5 prepaid plan in the USA

Check with your local provider and see if they have any roaming agreements with US carriers. TMobile might be a place to start after your local provider.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iPhone Nanite

Please take a look at . we do have a Sim card for iPhone with unlimited talk, text, data. If it is unlocked, we can set it up.

Kind regards
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,181 Global Posts

roaming is insanely expensive. when i pop into the US for a few days or so i usually just get a t-mobile sim and activate it on the $2 or $3 a day plans. it has unlimited talk, text and data. coverage varies GREATLY by location. t-mobile has other prepaid plans you should check out since you'll be there for 6 weeks. honestly, ATT & verizon have way better coverage and data speeds but they don't really cater to the prepaid customers well. also, make sure you iphone 5 is unlocked.
    iPhone Newbie

Vergin mobile, the phone is 700$ but for a month of unlimited usage in data, text call EXT Is 55$

NolansVlogs