- 12-03-2012, 09:37 AM #2
- 12-03-2012, 03:07 PM #4
According to att I have massive amounts of degraded towers around me. However my 5 is the only one that has this happening. The 4s and both 4's only fluctuate bars a little. I don't understand why my 5 is this bad.
- 01-08-2013, 04:47 PM #6
- 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM #7iPhone Newbie
- 35 Posts
I have a 5 on Verizon and had both wifi and cellular reception issues. A 4S and a 4 in the same spot, also on Verizon, had no issues. The wifi was so bad that my phone would drop the connection sitting two feet from the router. After *many* trips to the Genius Bar and two phone swaps I figured out that the issue was with the cases I was using. Any case with metal drastically cut my reception. Non-metal cases are okay but reception is best (especially in weak coverage areas) with a bumper or no case at all. Your mileage may vary, but I thought I'd share.
- 01-08-2013, 09:10 PM #8
My house always gets crappy reception but I have been able to make calls with my iPhone 5 I couldn't with my 4S. So that's something.
iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3
Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini AT&T ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.3 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3
@laelipoo on Twitter and App.net
- By Jeremy in forum iPhone 4Replies: 142Last Post: 08-14-2010, 06:12 PM
- By Jellotime91 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 86Last Post: 07-13-2010, 08:26 AM
- By JustinSaneV2 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 12Last Post: 06-25-2010, 09:03 AM
- By JT1990 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 11Last Post: 06-25-2010, 02:35 AM
- By stphnman20 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 18Last Post: 06-24-2010, 02:50 AM