Can a Verizon iPad Mini be used on Sprint by swaping the nano-SIM card?
I ask this because the iPad Mini for Verizon and Sprint have the same exact model # (Model A1455) for LTE bands 13 and 25. Also, the 9.7 inch iPads use nano-SIM cards for LTE access.
Are the nano-SIM cards on the Wifi+Cellular iPad Mini removable? If so, does this mean that I can swap out the Verizon card for a Sprint card? I have contacted Apple customer support and they were not sure of the answer. But they did say that because the Verizon iPad uses a nano-SIM card for LTE access that it would not require providing the carrier with the ESN of the device to verify if the device was purchased for their network.
I am a Sprint customer but they have no plans to deploy LTE coverage in my area any time soon. There is only Verizon in my area. So I want to know if it is possible to switch to Sprint LTE on the same device if all I need is a Sprint nano-SIM card.
- 11-17-2012, 11:17 AM #2
Re: Can a Verizon iPad Mini be used on Sprint by swaping the nano-SIM card?
No. Because of the compatibility with legacy CDMA networks, Sprint & Verizon devices are not interchangeable by sim swaps.Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
iPhone5 on VZW; iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
- 11-17-2012, 12:03 PM #3
- 01-28-2013, 02:33 AM #4
- 01-28-2013, 02:35 AM #5
- 04-28-2013, 12:56 PM #6iPhone 5-64, iPad 4, iPad Mini, Mac Book Pro
"I've tried the rest, now I am staying with the best!"
- By Toymaker in forum Carrier Discussion LoungeReplies: 3Last Post: 11-10-2012, 07:55 AM
- By Sbary in forum AccessoriesReplies: 10Last Post: 10-08-2012, 10:42 AM
- By justinkk2005 in forum iPad 3Replies: 6Last Post: 03-19-2012, 09:36 AM
- By amg in forum iPad 3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-08-2012, 12:35 PM
- By Frozen001 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 7Last Post: 11-17-2008, 04:39 PM