iPhone 5 connectivity issues (Sprint)...PLEASE HELP

d_abbott3

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, thanks in advance to any and all who can help.

I purchased my phone about 2 weeks ago. Sprint 3G reception is subpar, I know, but my phone is having many issues, and I'm in dire need of assistance.

Whenever I'm connected to WiFi, phone has no problems whatsoever, but 3G gives me many, such as:

Random inability to send e-mails/access App Store/Maps application.

My browsher is normally fine, but has recently started telling me "unable to load page" even though 3G claims to be working. This has happened consistently over the past 2 weeks, and the only way to fix it is by turning my phone off then on again. After this, things will be working well for at least an hour but then again become unpredictable.

The most frustrating thing about these issues is that they're hugely inconsistent. Sometimes everything will be working PERFECTLY, so even if I wanted to take it in to have it looked at, there would be nothing awry.

Essentially, when I'm out of WiFi hotspots, my phones usability is hugely compromised well over half the time. I tried resetting Network Settings as well as fully restoring my phone. I'm starting to think this is a Sprint Problem, and if it is, I need a way to fix it. It's not a question of the area in which I live, as my previous iPhone (4s) had no problems accessing 3G (though, of course, it was a bit slow at times).

That's about it. I'd be willing to provide any additional information is necessary. I would REALLY love to have this problem resolved, so thanks for reading.

amynunc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I think other sprint users are having similar issues. Go to the sprint community webpage at sprint.com and you can read up more over there.

jly.public

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I just called sprint and they confirmed a few towers by my areas are out. That explains the sporadic service issues ive had lately with my phne. Call and ask them to check the towers.

oron50

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Try this: SETTINGS APP- AIRPLANE MODE - TURN ON - 5 seconds, then then off.

Sometimes iphone doesn't wake up and switch over to cellular radio when going in - out of Wifi. Coming out of Airplane mode iPhone searches for available connections.

This has helped, but of course, this assumes no local tower issues. If your area is going through LTE setup, you'll experience issues until all towers are lit up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234