$30.00 upgrade fee...Really??

Lbun2

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I never heard of this before...but is this true? Every carrier charges this? Or is this another method of them nickeling and dimming us?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I never heard of this before...but is this true? Every carrier charges this? Or is this another method of them nickeling and dimming us?

Yes, a complete rip off. No question about it. Most of the time you can call and kindly ask them to remove it and they will. Just be nice.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm going in to a Verizon store tomorrow to browse (and potentially buy if they have the iPhone 5 in stock). I'm prepared to pay the fee but I'm still going to try and get it waived.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm going in to a Verizon store tomorrow to browse (and potentially buy if they have the iPhone 5 in stock). I'm prepared to pay the fee but I'm still going to try and get it waived.

You're not going to find one in stock at a Verizon store. No Verizon stores have gotten shipments since the initial launch. All Verizon orders are being shipped to customers who already ordered. Their back order list is a month long. Apple is your only chance to find one in stock.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That's strange, a buddy of mine just picked one up in a local Verizon store today (he sent me a picture of his home screen as soon as he got it). I thought they might've all had some stock - guess that was wishful thinking?

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine is supposedly $36, and I've had them waived about half the time. But this time I purchased trough Best Buy because I had a $50 gift card from Phone Freedom and some best buy reward zone gift cards, and usually if I don't buy directly from Sprint, I end up having to pay the upgrade fee.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I called and got Verizon to do a $30 credit to my account to cover the upgrade fee. Wasn't a problem.

Flat out told me no ... Customer since air touch and always paid bill
Ill turn to social media company's don't like getting bad pr in public

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Flat out told me no ... Customer since air touch and always paid bill
Ill turn to social media company's don't like getting bad pr in public
Same here. They wouldn't budge with crediting back the $30 upgrade fee for my son, and we've also been long time customers of Verizon's also. I think the fee is a crock too, just nickel & dime us for any way they possibly can.....

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is charging me the $36 fee, even though I have a student's account and shouldn't have been charged. Guess I'll have to call them then...

jbuck387

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I noticed when I ordered directly from Apple I didn't get charge the upgrade fee, does anyone know if Verizon ends up billing the upgrade fee or if by not ordering from Verizon you can avoid the fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I noticed when I ordered directly from Apple I didn't get charge the upgrade fee, does anyone know if Verizon ends up billing the upgrade fee or if by not ordering from Verizon you can avoid the fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak to how Verizon operates, but I ordered my iPhone 5 from Apple and on my next bill, it contained the $36 upgrade fee from AT&T... I called them and was able to get it removed.. but to answer your question, I'd say that yes, eventually, the fee will show up on your bill.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods