Giving up unlimited data

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been on the fence about giving up my unlimited data and moving to a 4GB data plan with the hotspot feature. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until January 1, but obviously I can get the new iPhone now at full price and keep my data plan. I also fear that with the hotspot, I'll be using more data (via my iPad) and thus have a better chance to go over the limit. Sure, it would cost a few hundred dollars more upfront, but in the long run, I could pay the same per month with unlimited data (and my voice plan) as I would with a 4GB plan. I even have considered going to AT&T, who offers 5GB and the hotspot for the same price Verizon does for 4GB and the hotspot.

For those who gave up unlimited data, was it worth it? Or do you wish you paid the unsubsidized price so you could have kept your unlimited plan?

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy to have my unlimited plan.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1350008206.488916.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1350008206.488916.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 332

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Do you have other lines ? To use that upgrade ... Or add a line for 10 bucks month ... When there is a will there is a way ..

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't have any other lines. Verizon told me I could add another line - didn't realize it would only be 10 bucks a month. It sounds weird to pay for a line I'm not using, but I guess that might be a decent trade-off if I can keep my data intact.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't have any other lines. Verizon told me I could add another line, but wouldn't I have to pay for that line for the duration of the contract?

Oh nm you can't go to a old family share plan if you don't have it already .. They would make go to share everything although I would try

The old fam.share is 10 bucks a month extra so 2 years 240

Plus phone 250 out the door is 490 total
Over 2 years vs 700

The new fam plan you would lose unlimited anyways

If they can do the old way u add a line get phone swap phone to your line keeping your unlimited then put a old dummy phone on the new line so no data plan or anything is needed and its 10 bucks a month

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It does seem weird but a lot of people do it because its cheaper than paying full retail .. And in the future you have another line to use a upgrade on

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I gave up unlimited data I don't miss or think about it to much it's just u have to find a data plan that fits you. I also just added 2 lines to my account so I could get 2 iPhone 5s at cheaper prices as well. Worked great now I carry 2 phones love it.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Yah I had 4 phones, a hotspot, and 2 iPads. 2 of the phones had unlimited, one had a 2 gig plan. iPads had their own plans each. With share everything, I'm saving $40/month over what I had before, and I upgraded one of the non-data lines to an iPhone and added another iPhone to the account. So.. Now 5 iPhones, 2 iPads, and 1 hotspot sharing 4 gigs of data. Saving $40/month over before. Even if I went to 10 gigs a month I'd save. You simply don't use as much as you'd think. And I stream YouTube and download apps during the day with no wifi.

I'd say it depends on you personally. But for me it's been worth it giving up the unlimited.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I had unlimited on my 5 but I gave it up so I could upgrade the wife's phone .... Now she has unlimited and I don't ... That's true love lol

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would get flamed for this but I have sprint with my iPhone and I got unlimited data with a 6gig hotspot feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joker022

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
My service is great here in SoCal, Bay Area. I think we just need to be patient with Sprint. Sure, they made some mistakes with WiMax, but they're doing a lot better. Plus, the buyout by SoftBank is great for them and us.

Also, everyone whines and complains about how long the rollout is taking, while neglecting the fact that Verizon had their own share of issues (slow rollout, that horrible Thunderbolt phone and horrible battery life on their early devices). Everyone has some issues right out the gate, we just need to remain patient.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1353022867.394941.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1353022867.394941.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 116

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I gave up unlimited on my AT&T iPhone 4 when my wife and I got iPhone 5 on VZW. We do fine with the 4gb limit and our first month we barely reached 2gb. We don't stream movies or watch a ton of YouTube. Giving up unlimited was no problem as even alone I didn't touch 2gb much (like AT&T said most don't - at least in my case they were right). I know many do but reviewing my usage showed we would be fine.

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I Had Sprint For Over 11 Years... Been Through The Good & Bad... But When 5 Out Of The 7 Towers Were Down In My Area & My Cellphone Stop Working In My Own House... I Opted For VZW & Never Looked Back... 2gb Is Perfect For My Wife & I...

broadwayblues

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how someone can have an iPhone5 and still have a Verizon unlimited data plan.

I have a dumb phone on one of my lines. Upgrade the dumb phone to iPhone 5 with 2 GB plan.
Switch the 5 to my line, put dumb phone back on my line.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice