Anyone affected by the AT&t data bug ???

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
This morning I listened a few podcasts I had downloaded on my iphone 5 when I noticed my Dataman app showd 120 MB downloaded only two hours later, I didn't use any other app or received any notification, i just played the podcasts and put the screen to sleep the whole time.
I reset and check the iphone data usage to verify and it kept downloading about 50mb per hour, I closed all apps and reset network settings and it's now ok, I was gonna post about this when I came across this article, I'll keep checking my usage in the meantime.. Anyone on at&t experiencing this ???

http://m.bgr.com/2012/10/01/iphone-5-data-bug-impacting-att-customers/

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Also I'm not sure how reliable that data man app is. That apps says I've used much more data than what Att actually says.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed. Last week - I was probably at about 2GB out of my 3GB data plan... Then started getting the data warning messages. Then the overage message. Then more warning message then a second overage message. At first I thought maybe due to the turn-by-turn... But then seeing it could be an issue with cellular usage while on wifi (I had gone through a big restore while on wifi).

My current tally is 4.5GB... Way more than I normally use (I easily stay under 3GB in a month).

Called AT&T - said then know that it can be an issue - not just with the 5 but with the 4 & 4S - they recommend "turn off cellular data when on wifi". I said it's too late for that now - then told the could credit me but not until my new bill on the 9th... :-/

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Also I'm not sure how reliable that data man app is. That apps says I've used much more data than what Att actually says.

I know, that seems to be true when I set it up to control the data for the whole month, but I only use it for checking daily data when I know I'm gonna be using my phone a lot and it's usually pretty accurate, I also used the iphone's data usage feature and it showed the same number, it doesn't seem to affect me while on wifi

ibanana

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I am experiencing the same thing. In the 11 days that I have had my phone it says I have sent 172 MB and Received 3.3 GB. That doesnt make sense for me. I mean I have been using my phone more bc I don't have internet at home, but still...doesn't sound right.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I am experiencing the same thing. In the 11 days that I have had my phone it says I have sent 172 MB and Received 3.3 GB. That doesnt make sense for me. I mean I have been using my phone more bc I don't have internet at home, but still...doesn't sound right.

Reset the iphone's usage feature in the morning or when you dont use your phone that much and then keep checking if the data keeps going up

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I actually went back and looked at my sons usage (he is the only one without unlimited and has been going over)....iMessage I thought would be minimal additions to usage. That is not the case, iMessage is using the bulk of his data. Just updated him to the 3gb.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I actually went back and looked at my sons usage (he is the only one without unlimited and has been going over)....iMessage I thought would be minimal additions to usage. That is not the case, iMessage is using the bulk of his data. Just updated him to the 3gb.

if it's only text, imessage shouldn't use that much data if any... If he sends lots of pictures and videos then maybe..

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
That's an awesome dad right there.

This random data usage happens to the Android community also. Usually a factory reset helps, if not then replace the phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73