New I-phone 4s traded for a New Galaxy S3

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
People I know that have replaced their 4S with the S3 seem to feel they did the right thing. They like the large, clear screen, better by far battery life and the LTE capability of the S3.

To each their own; however as most (some) of us are finally starting to realize, there really is life after Apple and we don't all have to have the same phone!

R...

Can anyone tell me if this would be a good trade and a trade worth doing?
I have a I phone 4s, and could possible trade it for a galaxy S3. I have had
and used iphones for a while now and wouldn't mind trying an android on the
sprint network. This would def help me see if sprints network is better by using
an android or apple device. If both don't work out to my liking, than i would want to
try a new carrier. what do you guys think about this; please let me know.
Thanks,
Bluth

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words to those that commented on my post. I always strive to be helpful where I can as I appreciate there are two types of people that come to a forum; those that require help and those looking for a fight. I do try to avoid baiting the second category (but do fail, we are all human after all) and I am glad when I can provide a meaningful response that helps someone. Sad but true.

People I know that have replaced their 4S with the S3 seem to feel they did the right thing. They like the large, clear screen, better by far battery life and the LTE capability of the S3.

To each their own; however as most (some) of us are finally starting to realize, there really is life after Apple and we don't all have to have the same phone!

I have a friend who did exactly that and he loves his S3. Although his battery life is way better than mine, it doesn't compare to the iPhone 5 from tests we have done over the course of a whole 24 hour period between his S3, my S3 and my Iphone 5. It does seem that the Samsung battery has a wider margin of error from reading various other Android forums (XDA Developers and Phandroid for instance).

As you would expect, there are numerous threads on many Android forums that echo exactly the sort of threads we have been seeing here on poor battery life - The Truth About Your Battery - Android Forums and Battery time - Android Forums are two examples from the first page of Phandroid and Post Battery Life Here - xda-developers is from first page of XDA Developers AT&T S3 forum and SGSIII / General Android Battery Tips - xda-developers is a sticky on the Sprint S3 forums.

In fact, if you go to the first page of the Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Forums, you will see a high number of threads with the word 'problem' in the title. So I think this attests that every phone has its problems and even the previous king of the smartphones can't get away from that.

Here is one thread from one user who switched to an S3 from an Iphone - http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/630304-my-story-moving-iphone.html He's not happy.

What it all boils down to is basically this:

Does your phone do what you need, when you want it to, with the least fuss?

If you answered 'yes' then great, you can stop reading here and go off in contentment. Remember to post when you get an issue though (and don't forget, all smartphones have issues, as shown above) as there are a lot of people that like helping out others.

If you answered 'no' then you need to do some research into which phone would be better for you but please bear in mind that as I have mentioned above, the grass isn't always greener. The link to the Galaxy S3 forums on Phandroid is a good place to start, there are some great Windows 8 phones on the way (so i'm told, i've not done any research) and you could always check out the Blackberry *shudder*.

As I always say, your mileage may vary and please take what you need from this post. I realise I carefully picked threads from those other forums but I did so to show that EVERY phone has issues and there are those who love it and those who hate it.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
To be honest I'm such a gadget nut I simply had to have and use BOTH the iPhone 4s and the Samsung Galaxy S3. I swear I switch at least once a week!

But to be honest I've only ever tried Siri and S Voice ONCE on each device. I'm not a voice command type person. I'm all about email and text.

Like most people have already said, one has to buy a device that suits THEM, period. Since I have issues, I have both :)

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I personally would not trade your 4s for the SG3. I have the SG3 and in my experience the phone is awful. The main feature that attracted me to this phone was s voice and siri was the #1 thing I missed from my iPhone (I missed android so I purchased the Evo LTE.... yeah I know, you don't need to say anything lol) so instead of buying another 4s I decided to give this one a try. Siri was amazing for me, this s voice on the other hand is terrible, it never does what you say and when I try look something up 99 times out of 100 all it says "I don't know what you mean by that, let me do an internet search"... I could have typed the stuff into the internet myself, I wanted a no hassle answer lol. My SG3 constantly goes into roaming, I get unable to connect to my email notifications often, the data speeds are horrific and I am sorry but if you think plastic is classy you also probably think of Wal-Mart as a department store. Oh and while it works with no issues, sliding the side of my hand to take a screen shot is annoying as can be haha. I will fully admit that there are people that love their SG3 and think it's better than their iPhone, though most of those people came from a 3gs or a 4. Hope you figure out works best for you, I am patiently waiting for my iP5 and look forward to tossing this phone in a drawer or the trash.

Don't trash it. Sell it to me lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro