Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

Default Sprint iPhone 5 demand

The Apple store manager in DC was shocked when I said I had Sprint. They had plenty of phones which makes me worried Sprint is having a rough go selling the iPhone 5 even with their truly unlimited campaign. I guess consumers are voting with their wallets that they would rather have LTE speeds and coverage over endless data. Anyone else worried/disappointed about Sprints lack of LTE?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,115 Global Posts

Default Re: Sprint iPhone 5 demand

Quote Originally Posted by kjparfekt View Post
    The Apple store manager in DC was shocked when I said I had Sprint. They had plenty of phones which makes me worried Sprint is having a rough go selling the iPhone 5 even with their truly unlimited campaign. I guess consumers are voting with their wallets that they would rather have LTE speeds and coverage over endless data. Anyone else worried/disappointed about Sprints lack of LTE?
    Yeah one of my friends is on sprint and upgraded at the apple store and when he asked him how many he had on hand he said plenty. Yeah sprint not rolling out there LTE quicker will I think have a significant effect on iphone sales vs verizon and ATT
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Best Buy near my house had 9 Sprint iPhones for walk-ups.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm a Sprint customer who grabbed the 4s when it became available last year. Won't be able to upgrade at the subsidized price until next year. Perhaps there are a lot of folks like me. In my situation, LTE isn't much of a consideration. I have access to Wi-Fi about 90% of my day.
    iPhone Newbie

I noticed the same thing when I went to the apple store. Sprints 3G coverage is terrible, and I find that trying to make us believe that it's getting better is an absolute lie! I'm moving on after my contract is up
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 8

Yeah Sprint's data is horribly slow, which is why I left back in May
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by so.long.pre View Post
    I noticed the same thing when I went to the apple store. Sprints 3G coverage is terrible, and I find that trying to make us believe that it's getting better is an absolute lie! I'm moving on after my contract is up
    Sprint's 3G can be fast(see pic). Granted it is slow as a whole, but this is the reason why I can be patient with them. They are actually working on upgrading their towers and will hopefully see LTE with a 100Mb download speed backbone(Verizon has only a 50Mb download speed backbone) in my area(Springfield, Missouri) around January with UNLIMITED data! All those that switched to AT&T or Verizon will soon regret their decision.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint iPhone 5 demand-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1349523968.849654.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    mellimel2212 (10-26-2012)
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

I had to drive all over town to get my Sprint iPhone 5. Maybe the Sprint folks just took their time getting theirs.

I live in Dallas, TX, and we do have LTE here so that may have been why.