Changing from unlimited data to share everything on Verizon

dalmoradie

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I currently have an individual unlimited plan with Verizon. I pre-ordered an Iphone 5 for my girlfriend and added it to my plan knowing that I will have to change to the share everything plan which is fine with me. My question is do I activate the IP5 as soon as we get it, or wait until the end of my billing cycle which is on the 26th?

Just chatted with a Verizon CSR and I was told that my plan will change from the unlimited data that i have now to the share everything plan as soon as my new iphone 5 is delivered and not when I activate it. Is this correct?

If my plan will change anyway, there is no reason for me to wait to activate.

Any thoughts?

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I didnt think your line would lose the unlimited data if you added a line to your already existing plan. I thought that the new line would have to choose which option they wanted in terms of data.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I didnt think your line would lose the unlimited data if you added a line to your already existing plan. I thought that the new line would have to choose which option they wanted in terms of data.

I think it's because he's changing it to a family shared plan rather than just adding an individual line to his account that would have it's own minutes and stuff. So once he changes the plan, he has to pick one of the new data plans.

dalmoradie

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, want to switch to the family shared plan because I intend to upgrade to the 5 too when i am eligible which will be in November.

I'm just wondering why the the CSR said the plan will automatically switch when we receive the phone and not when we activate it.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I think it's because he's changing it to a family shared plan rather than just adding an individual line to his account that would have it's own minutes and stuff. So once he changes the plan, he has to pick one of the new data plans.

Oh yes good call on that.

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
After being told based on the line I was upgrading I didn't have to switch when I upgraded to the iPhone 5. Turns out I did so I bit the bullet and am now sharing data. 4MB- will see if it works for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Just for clarification for anyone wondering if you are already on a family plan you can continue to add lines (up to the max of 5) and select tiered data plans. If you are on a single line you must move to Share Everything to add lines.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
If I have 2 iPhones and one dumb phone that will never use data, on the new share plan, do I have to pay $30 per month for dumb phone that I am now only paying $10 for?

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
If I have 2 iPhones and one dumb phone that will never use data, on the new share plan, do I have to pay $30 per month for dumb phone that I am now only paying $10 for?

Yes you do have to pay $30 for the dumbphone. The dumbphone will get unlimited minutes and unlimited text though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2