Sprint threatening letter?

bcbbanga4l

Trusted Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure what to say or think here. I just received a letter and I can if need be attach it here but basically it says it has been monitoring my usage in the past six months and wanted to remind me of the plan.. Now I have an unlimited plan I have spoken to many sprint associates and they all say that unlimited means just that wether your roaming or not there is no limit. This note or letter is reminding me that Sprint reserves the right without notice to deny, terminate , modify, disconnect or suspend services off network usage in a month exceeds blah blah blahh... Then it says in order to avoid service termination make adjustments on how your roaming is used...

Can someone please explain to me how this makes sense? I honestly could be ignorant to the policy with sprint but I am pretty sure unlimited is unlimiited roaming or not it even shows that when I log in to pay bill and see usage.

Thanks guys for your help.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's standard terms of service for Sprint. If you are using a majority of your voice minutes using non-Sprint towers, they have the right to terminate service. Here's the section from the T&C:

"Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. You can monitor usage online through My Account. Roaming is not available with single-band phones, or to customers who reside or whose primary use is outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may limit or terminate service if you move outside of the Sprint owned-network."

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't remember the name of the app that could force an Android device to use Verizon's towers. It was popular within the rooting community and Sprint didn't really pay attention to it unless a user's roaming was excessive.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ive read posts about people forcing their devices to roam so they could nix sprint without an etf. Im not sure if you get to keep your number though.

bcbbanga4l

Trusted Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys thanks for your input. I did contact sprint and was told not to worry that it is a standard letter that goes out from time to time. I was assured ,y services were secured. I understand the letter but not when I log on to sprint and see I have unlimited roaming data just made no sense and did not like the threatening tone the letter came across when I'm paying for unlimited.

But thanks for the help guys thought I should share.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
you're paying for 'unlimited' use of Sprint's network, not that of Sprint's roaming partners. They can boot you at will for excessive roaming.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2