Two Phones, One Number?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
So I've been thinking of grabbing a Galaxy SIII to play around with, but since I'd still have my iPhone 4 I'd like to be able to switch between device now and then.

Do any of you do something similar? Is it problematic at all (activation headaches, SIMs not fitting, etc)? Any particular things I should consider as an AT&T customer?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You just have to make sure you have the necessary SIM adaptors so that you can swap your SIM from one phone to the other.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Nice! I was worried I might run into issues with iPhone data plans vs other plans but it sounds like I should be fine there?

Biggest concern/question was whether I'd have to activate the phones each time.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Nice! I was worried I might run into issues with iPhone data plans vs other plans but it sounds like I should be fine there?

Biggest concern/question was whether I'd have to activate the phones each time.

I dont think there will be data plan issues... I used to see that a lot when switching between smart phone and BB because the BB has a specific data plan... but the SG3 and iPhone are both smartphones so the data plan is/should be the same.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to do something like this. Use an old iPhone for work on the road and my new one at home and most of the other time at work. AT&T told me that it wouldn't work an the number was tied to the unique identifier of the phone. Shame on them if they lied to me.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4/4s use same size sim cards. No adapter required.

There is nothing required on AT&Ts end to swap between a GS3 and an iPhone. Just swap the sim and it will work. Ive had no issues whatsoever swapping phones, I do it all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2