Just Gave Up Unltd Data....

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
After now having two iPhones and now a tablet on my account, I am actually going to come out 53.00/mth ahead by switching to the new share everything plan. So for me this makes sense. And I was given confirmation that I have 30 days to switch back if I want to. So the new plans are not an epic fail for everyone. Just my opinion.

Old Plan: 2000 mins/ units nw/m2m
10 F&F Free Anytime
Unltd Data On One Line
2gb Data on 2nd Line
Total Billing: $250/mth

New Plan: Two Smartphones w/unltd talk and text
One Tablet
20gb of Data For All Devices to Share
Any Additional Devices Only 10.00/mth
Total Billing: 190.00/mth (after taxes and discount)

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Between the 3 devices, you each have about 6 GB to use, so I'd say thats a pretty good deal. I assume you guys never go over that much a month?

Reactions: Lbun2

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Nope highest usage to date was 3gb on my iphone 4s. We will be using wifi for the tablet at home/school, so the 4g data will only be used when traveling or nonwifi zones. Totally no way to hit the 20gb cap.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The share everything plan has been awesome for me. We don't use a lot of data so having a cap wasn't a concern for me. I save so much more with the new plan. For the first time I am under $200 on my bill for three phones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The share plans are fine if you've got someone or something to share with. For me, I'd be losing way too much to switch. It's just me and I only have my phone. I have no need for a tablet or a second line. Share plans are great for families, but Verizon should have realized that not everyone has or wants a family or multiple devices.

Reactions: DaPhoneking

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Nobody I agree that if you don't have 3+smart devices, then the new plans aren't a savings. I kept my old plan until I got the tablet and second smartphone. Then after running the numbers it made sense to switch. Now I dont have to pay 30.00x2 plus three separate data plans and have metered minutes. I do have 30 days to switch back if I choose, and I got that in writing.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to hold out and keep my unlimited data plan to see how I do on LTE (this is also assuming the next iPhone will have LTE). But even still I'll probably keep my unlimited to be on the safe side. :D

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
That's cool if it works for you financially. I made the switch bc with two iPhones and an iPad now, it didnt make sense to have unltd on one phone and pay extra fees and have small amounts if data on the other two devices. And I have an upgrade still available on my account for whenever. Lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The share plans are fine if you've got someone or something to share with. For me, I'd be losing way too much to switch. It's just me and I only have my phone. I have no need for a tablet or a second line. Share plans are great for families, but Verizon should have realized that not everyone has or wants a family or multiple devices.

Verizon should have left the option for both shared and individual plans the way AT&T did. Like you, I am on a single line as well and don't have a need to add a device at this time thanks to jailbreak and my unlimited data plan.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
TWENTY GB???? Serious??? And that only costs 190??
I run $170 with 3 lines 700
Minutes and unlimited data/text on 2 lines...
When I looked into it just getting a family share with unlimited talk/text 2 gb was around $140 still and about $10 more per gb...

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
3cit as I mentioned I also have discount on my account. But yep that's the billing going forward.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The family share plan on Verizon is actually going to be about $40/month cheaper for us than what we are paying now for unlimited. So we are actually excited about it.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Jc so you see why I converted right? It's not for ever account but for sone of us there are noticeable savings.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Mrsbrown, am I correct in assuming you receive a whopping 25% discount???
I have a BOA employee discount, and I think I get 10%! I'm kinda jealous! How did you get such a big discount?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Agree these plans are going to push individuals away. It may work for some families but for a single line its pointless.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Full time student and my school has a deal with vz. Also spouse of veteran and current police officer.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna keep paying full retail and once my contract is up in June gonna look elsewhere. Unlimited data was only thing keeping me with Verizon.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Your employer sets the discount terms. I get a 25% accessory discount and 23% bill discount via my university in NC. The rest is vet/pd via the spouse. When I graduate we will be using his primary discounts. Probably better deal through colleges bc of the supposed to be "poor student" analogy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh