Moving to Canada

MyMacRocks

May 28, 2012
Visit site
My company is asking my to move to Toronto to work on a project for a few years. Today we have 3 iphone 4s and 1 iphone 4 all on AT&T. 1 ipad 1 on AT&T and 1 ipad 3 on Verizon. The 4s are still locked but the 4 is unlocked. AT&T has told me they will unlock the 4s for a fee. For a family with 4 iphones, who is the best provider for service and data? Also the ipad 3 has a verizon sim card, can I just buy another sim card in Canada and it will work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I read that Verizon New iPad has built-in CDMA, so you'll need to see with them...

Right now in Canada, prices between carriers are fairly competitive, and give or take 5 bucks and a couple of features, you'll find about the same plans anywhere. If you want the best carrier in terms of speed and coverage, then Rogers or Bell are your choices. Rogers do seem to give a little more data than Bell on some low rate plans, but if you won't take anything under 1Go, you'll find both carriers to offer similar plans and features. I'd pay a visit to both of them, and see which one offers you the most. Sometimes, they offer promotional plans that are not on their website, and sometimes they give credits when you activate multiple lines on a same account - which you won't necessarily see on their website neither. One advantage Bell could have on Rogers is if you need to activate residential services as well : bundle discounts are always nice when activating TV + Int. + Res. Line + Mobility with Bell.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Our plans here in Canada are not as competitive as what you get in the USA.
You will be paying more.

Roger, Bell & Telus all operate HSPA, HSPA+ & LTE here in Toronto, and across the country.
Coverage is comparable among all 3.
Research who has the best plan among them to suit your needs.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
WindMobile is hands down the best network in terms of pricing, but but they do not support he iphone yet. Depending on your location, id ask any local resident he o they are with. Personally, id go with Bell becaue they have better customer spport and Robbers is just horrible. Fido has some good deals as well. Virgin Mobile may be helpful as well.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Our plans here in Canada are not as competitive as what you get in the USA.
You will be paying more.

Roger, Bell & Telus all operate HSPA, HSPA+ & LTE here in Toronto, and across the country.
Coverage is comparable among all 3.
Research who has the best plan among them to suit your needs.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Quite right on that... Data plans over here are sometimes ridiculous. And when you opt for expensive plans with a decent amount of data, you can be quite sure you'll still not get obvious things like messages center and call display, and then another 10 bucks per plan goes by...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh