unlimited data discount

asudevil

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Dont know if this question has been asked, but if Verizon discontinues unlimited data, will those of us with the data discount no longer receive it once we upgrade?

Engire

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
That is a very good question and one I am wondering about as well. I currently have the $20 data discount per line and it's supposed to be good till 2038 according to Verizon. I guess time will tell since the same Verizon CSR that told me how long it was good for also told me the Grandfathered unlimited data would not change. Whatever happens I'm sure it will not be to the customers benefit.

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
That is a very good question and one I am wondering about as well. I currently have the $20 data discount per line and it's supposed to be good till 2038 according to Verizon. I guess time will tell since the same Verizon CSR that told me how long it was good for also told me the Grandfathered unlimited data would not change. Whatever happens I'm sure it will not be to the customers benefit.

Same here.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It all hinges on the contractual arrangement the entity behind you getting your discount has arranged with Verizon. Find out who is in charge of that sort of stuff in your company and ask them.

Engire

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure about everyone else but that discount is separate from my employers discount. It was a promo that I got back in 2010.

Engire

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Actually it was a promo from when the Androids started to come out and Verizon started to really push them. I believe if memory serves it was primarily on the west coast (USA) and was by invitational e-mail. Some of us were able to get it simply by calling and asking for it. Again it really depended on who you got for a CSR when you called. I had just left and it was part of the enticement to return to Big Red although I had to ask for it even then.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Actually it was a promo from when the Androids started to come out and Verizon started to really push them. I believe if memory serves it was primarily on the west coast (USA) and was by invitational e-mail. Some of us were able to get it simply by calling and asking for it. Again it really depended on who you got for a CSR when you called. I had just left and it was part of the enticement to return to Big Red although I had to ask for it even then.

I believe it was actually the Midwest/Texas area that got this promotion, although California may also have been included. Some folks that got the promotion posted about it on CrackBerry, and then a few of us started calling and and some of us were able to talk our way in to this deal. You had to get the Talk & Text bundle with it, that is unlimited text with a minutes package. I got unlimited text with 450 minutes for 59 dollars, plus you also got 5 friends and family numbers which were non verizon (and could include landline) numbers you could add to your free calling, free verizon to verizon, free nights and weekends, and then with the 20 off the data is 10 per month, so my monthly bill is 69, when you add the taxes, and then subtract my corp discount I end up paying 71 dollars a month. I'm pretty happy!

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere that those of us that were grandfathered into the unlimited data plans we would lose our option to upgrade with the discounted device rates. Not sure if what i read was true and VZW hasn't sent anything via email. Honestly i barely reach anything near 2gb. But that could change one day.

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I believe it was actually the Midwest/Texas area that got this promotion, although California may also have been included. Some folks that got the promotion posted about it on CrackBerry, and then a few of us started calling and and some of us were able to talk our way in to this deal. You had to get the Talk & Text bundle with it, that is unlimited text with a minutes package. I got unlimited text with 450 minutes for 59 dollars, plus you also got 5 friends and family numbers which were non verizon (and could include landline) numbers you could add to your free calling, free verizon to verizon, free nights and weekends, and then with the 20 off the data is 10 per month, so my monthly bill is 69, when you add the taxes, and then subtract my corp discount I end up paying 71 dollars a month. I'm pretty happy!

I'm in New York, and I had gotten that discount

Beeray

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I didn't have to fight, but I must have called about 10 times before a rep gave it to me. Vbg

Persistence paid off

Vbg

Yea, but in my case the persistense was with the same rep, and on one LONG call! ;) LOL

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
So does anyone have any feedback upon changing from the unlimited and the ability to keep this promotion? Every rep I've talked to has told me I'd lo that discount. That's a huge reason why I haven't changed over yet or upgraded.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, off topic, but I have to laugh.... I see folks in here I used to see on Crackberry and various Android forums. I guess we all get around, eh? LOL

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

beto89

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So does anyone have any feedback upon changing from the unlimited and the ability to keep this promotion? Every rep I've talked to has told me I'd lo that discount. That's a huge reason why I haven't changed over yet or upgraded.

I have it and was told the same thing. I dont think I'll ever change my plan or try to use an upgrade now, it saves me too much money to lose it lol

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I've done the rounds and recognize quite a few of you old CB members. I've been off the forums for a while but trying to make it back around more often.