Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Post AT&T Offers Home Security

Home security is reportedly going to have a new player on the field as AT&T prepares to offer their home security services in an attempt to give the current leader in the market, ADT, a run for their money. AT&Tís, Digital Life, will give customers the ability to monitor recorded footage of their residence, as well as allowing them to adjust the lighting and environmental settings through the use of a remote device, such as a smartphone or personal computer. With declining sales growth in the phone and pay-TV market, AT&T is joining the ranks of Comcast Corporation and Verizon Communications in hoping to generate additional sales revenue in what is being referred to as the smart-home market.

In 2010, AT&T purchased the developer of the systems hardware, Xanboo, for an undisclosed amount and reportedly, will be able to afford their customers more simplified and internet based control of all home monitoring functions. According to a report, home security is a growing industry with only one out of five homes equipped with a home security monitoring system, as opposed to the phone industry, where nearly all adults have a cell phone.

Tech News Brought To You By http://optimizationtutor.com
    Last edited by AeJeen; 08-27-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

Interesting info. Verizon's FiOS also offers this service from your mobile devices.

I do have to say that I like AT&T's new group/family texting plans.
    iMore Pro

537 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,411 Global Posts

i install the comcast home security as i am a tech for the company and it is pretty cool having a wireless home security system.