Ipad 2 ATT 3g Sim in an iphone?

davidb423

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I had an ipad 2 3g with att and had grandfathered in on unlimited data

when I upgraded to ipad 3 I opted to go for verizon since there is LTE data in my city and not for ATT.

I have kept the account and still have the micro sim

if I put it into an unlocked or ATT iphone what would happen? Data only plan? how long would it last before I got a nasty message from ATT?

And if I tried to use ALOT of data, I assume they would know it was not in an ipad2 anymore?

Just curious if I can do anything with the sim interesting or should just cancel the account and give up.

IT is $30 a month I don't use very much anyway (why I was ok to switch to verizon anyway)--plus at least on verizon it can function very well as a hotspot. Still not an option for att.

David

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, everyone else with the unlimited plan would've been more than happy to keep it but anyway if it works in the iPhone why would you use more data on the phone vs iPad? And yeah, it would be strictly data because that's what the iPad prepaid is all about but since the Verizon iPad 3 is the world model, you can still use your AT&T sim in it for 4G but you'll never have LTE.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal