AT&T's Stupid CEO.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
The last comment is so 2003 when smartphones were super expensive and only few people had them, people using flip phones today either dont care for smartphones or they're just need to make phone calls, no such thing as " high costs associated with smartphones"... I now pay 133.00 a month for two iphones ( family plan), in 2002 I used to pay 140 for two lines in sprint.
20 a month is about 262 dollars a year ( with taxes) . 262 dollars is something to me, it pays 3 months of gas, almost 3 months of electricity and so on...
It it not the price at the end, it's the principle behind increasing prices or removing texting plans to push people to unlimited messaging... I'm personally glad they're losing revenue because of iMessage..

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The last comment is so 2003 when smartphones were super expensive and only few people had them, people using flip phones today either dont care for smartphones or they're just need to make phone calls, no such thing as " high costs associated with smartphones"... I now pay 133.00 a month for two iphones ( family plan), in 2002 I used to pay 140 for two lines in sprint.
20 a month is about 262 dollars a year ( with taxes) . 262 dollars is something to me, it pays 3 months of gas, almost 3 months of electricity and so on...
It it not the price at the end, it's the principle behind increasing prices or removing texting plans to push people to unlimited messaging... I'm personally glad they're losing revenue because of iMessage..

Except you aren't paying $262 at one time, it's spread out over time. Just like those commercials that say if you switch to X energy company, you could save 100 a year in electricity. 100 bucks a year? Dumb. Save me 100 bucks a month (my bill isn't that high, just a random number) and then I'll be interested, but not a year.

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep, it's nothing. It's less than a few cups of coffee at starbucks. It's less than a handful of extra value meals at Burger King.

Actually 20 dollars is a lot just be because you don't think so doesn't mean it isn't. There's a lot People can do with 20 dollars. don't think it's nothing, one day when you don't have the money yu won't be saying its nothing.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Actually 20 dollars is a lot just be because you don't think so doesn't mean it isn't. There's a lot People can do with 20 dollars. don't think it's nothing, one day when you don't have the money yu won't be saying its nothing.

this would be a great observation 20 years ago, but let's be realistic here. when you own a smartphone and can afford the voice/data plans you are on a different level

IF $20 (a month) will make or break an individual then they might be living above their means

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
this would be a great observation 20 years ago, but let's be realistic here. when you own a smartphone and can afford the voice/data plans you are on a different level

IF $20 (a month) will make or break an individual then they might be living above their means

Disagree, unless you are donald trump you always gotta have a spending limit with cell phones, I pay 133 for two iphones which is not bad, I wouldn't feel comfortable going over 180 or 90 per phone, yours could be different, but at one point you need to do something if your cellphone bill keeps going up.. and that's when 20 dollars a month becomes a big deal to many people..

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Except you aren't paying $262 at one time, it's spread out over time. Just like those commercials that say if you switch to X energy company, you could save 100 a year in electricity. 100 bucks a year? Dumb. Save me 100 bucks a month (my bill isn't that high, just a random number) and then I'll be interested, but not a year.

Paying 20 a month makes sense if you text a lot, but why would I pay 520 dollars extra on my two year contract for just text messages?? It doesn't add any value since I do fine with imessage and google voice, with that money my two iphones get paid and still have some money left for starbucks and burger king...see my point ?? I know you dont but anyway...

20 dollars a month is 240 per year, regardless of how you see it.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Paying 20 a month makes sense if you text a lot, but why would I pay 520 dollars extra on my two year contract for just text messages?? It doesn't add any value since I do fine with imessage and google voice, with that money my two iphones get paid and still have some money left for starbucks and burger king...see my point ?? I know you dont but anyway...

20 dollars a month is 240 per year, regardless of how you see it.

And $240 spread out over a year is nothing. If someone is struggling making those payments, they shouldn't be using a smartphone. Just like my dad who sees clients and they are trying to get state assistance and they are driving later model mercedes. They are clearly living out of their means. This isn't to say you are of course.

CH1N087

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I get what people are saying about "it's only $20", "you may be living outside you're means". Regardless, this applies to any and everyone, even if you are doing well, WHY SHOULD YOU BE OKAY WITH THROWING MONEY AWAY?! Shouldn't this be where everyone agrees? I get it. This is a forum, not some global movement against greedy carriers, but why would anyone be okay with throwing their (I'm assuming hard earned paycheck) away? Hell yes customers should be pi$$ed! Who the $@?! Are you? complaining about losing a bit of money while you sit in your CEO chair? Yea, it's a business. There isn't a blank check. Still though. The fact is that people ARE getting robbed by carriers and I'm sure it's not just smartphone owners.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I get what people are saying about "it's only $20", "you may be living outside you're means". Regardless, this applies to any and everyone, even if you are doing well, WHY SHOULD YOU BE OKAY WITH THROWING MONEY AWAY?! Shouldn't this be where everyone agrees? I get it. This is a forum, not some global movement against greedy carriers, but why would anyone be okay with throwing their (I'm assuming hard earned paycheck) away? Hell yes customers should be pi$$ed! Who the $@?! Are you? complaining about losing a bit of money while you sit in your CEO chair? Yea, it's a business. There isn't a blank check. Still though. The fact is that people ARE getting robbed by carriers and I'm sure it's not just smartphone owners.

Because I am fortunate enough to be in a situation where I can throw limited money away. Not tens of thousands of course, but I don't care about a few hundred a year.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Only AT&T subscribers have conversations like these...
Just switch to Sprint...everything is included (internet, text, etc. and unlimited). And its probably cheaper than a lot of your AT&T plans...of course then you must make sure your coverage is suitable. But once network vision is completed it will be pretty sweet.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Only AT&T subscribers have conversations like these...
Just switch to Sprint...everything is included (internet, text, etc. and unlimited). And its probably cheaper than a lot of your AT&T plans...of course then you must make sure your coverage is suitable. But once network vision is completed it will be pretty sweet.

Sprint coverage is strong where I work, but the speeds are garbage, That as well as no simultaneous voice and data. I do agree their prices are excellent.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Sprint coverage is strong where I work, but the speeds are garbage, That as well as no simultaneous voice and data. I do agree their prices are excellent.

I guess you kind of get what you pay for, lol. Fortunately for me the coverage is great where I frequent and for anywhere that my data is slow I can connect to WiFi.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Then he wouldn't be costing them anything would he? Not that text messaging is a big bandwidth sucking expense for carriers anyway. The carriers remind me of the music industry, maybe one day Apple will take wireless into the current century too.
Yes! Instead of having an SMS plan, he dropped it. So yeah, those $10/mo for every 10 customers is a lot of cash being lost by AT&T. :confused::confused::confused:

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
if i were apple i would make him wish he put his foot in his mouth. last time i checked, the iPhone was the phone bringing in the bucks! no one can help the fact that they're money hungry and greedy. they already overcharge for everything, and now they're throttling people with unlimited data; they're just ruining themselves.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
if i were apple i would make him wish he put his foot in his mouth. last time i checked, the iPhone was the phone bringing in the bucks! no one can help the fact that they're money hungry and greedy. they already overcharge for everything, and now they're throttling people with unlimited data; they're just ruining themselves.

Bringing in the bucks for who? ATT? No, the iPhone is bringing in the bucks for Apple who's revenue streams are continuously increasing. Remember, carriers subsidize the iPhone so, there is no enormous profits upfront.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

When did it become wrong for a business to want to make money? Everyone wants more money, always. Don't lie, you want more yourself; maybe to buy a new iPad.

If you feel this way why do you pay your bill every month? I've said here before and I'll say it again. Ralph isn't readying this forum or any tech blog out there. The only voice you have with them is your wallet. Every time you pay your bill you are telling them "I love your service!"; literally. If you feel you are over charged why do you continue to buy their service? I'd wager you don't buy gas at Exxon when the Shell or what ever across the street is 5 cents a gallon less.

I disagree that they are ruining themselves because you and everyone else keep sending in your checks every month right on time and AT&T keeps taking them right to the bank. How is that a ruined company when you have 100+ million paying subscribers and billions in profit nearly every quarter?

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
People do not be mad at ATT for wanting to protect their business.

Someone name me a business who's model is to decrease revenue? That's right, those companies are out of business, or close to it. Anyone seeing what's happening with RIM right now? Where is there revenue now compared to several years ago?

So, do not be mad at ATT for trying to keep their business from eroding.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR