Contract Question

chadderbox

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
So I'm a disgruntled AT&T customer right now. I mostly use my phone for work and am a sales/marketing hybrid and travel a good amount. I've been having so many issues with missed calls, dropped calls, and poor service lately it's impacting work.

My question is if I buy a Verizon iPhone off a site like eBay, can I port my number from AT&T to Verizon without signing a 2yr contract and wait until the next iPhone comes out to sign the 2yr deal in order to get the subsidized price? Basically if I bring my own phone and don't buy one from them am I on a month to month contract where I can still use an upgrade at anytime?

Thanks in advance

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Even if you "bring your own phone" to VZW, I don't think you can get service without signing a contract... and I don't think VZW offers less than a 2 year contract...

Check with your company and see if they have an affiliate/sponsorship program with VZW... also, if your company is large enough, they may have a dedicated VZW rep who may be able to get you some sort of deal or offer another solution...

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It's best to call verizon on this. But honestly I don't think you have to sign the contract or at least lose the subsidized pricing if you have your own phone and you aren't buying one with the subsidized pricing. That's the way it was when I was with verizon but that was 2 years ago.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
It's best to call verizon on this. But honestly I don't think you have to sign the contract or at least lose the subsidized pricing if you have your own phone and you aren't buying one with the subsidized pricing. That's the way it was when I was with verizon but that was 2 years ago.

But it has to be a phone that is Verizon Branded, like the iPhone 4S, or one of their droids, etc.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I'll second this. Any Verizon branded, current model (within the past 2 years...) should get you going.

KidKid99

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can "Bring Your Own" iPhone to Verizon and port your number as well.
I did the same thing last year when I had left T-Mobile to join Verizon. Verizon will offer you subsidized 2 year offer after you join after a few months of a good status on your account with them.
One thing too make sure is, when buying a used from eBay or Craigslist. Make sure to check the ESN/MEID with Verizon first. Cause if you buy an iPhone with a bad ESN/MEID, Verizon will not activate the phone on their network.

chadderbox

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it. I'm going to give it a go and see what happens. Would I be on month to month at that point or am I forced to sign the contract?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner