PRL Update 3/15/12

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you noticed any general time table as to how often this should be updated?
There's no real schedule... they come out when deals with roaming partners change... safe thing to do is update every month or two, and before a vacation where you're going a long way from home.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, idk about you guys...I updated the PRL this morning and got 52811 lol.

They did some recent tweaking... according to a HowardForums post, an update came out on 5/14 - I did the *228 and mine went from 52707 to 52686

Also got a Carrier Settings update earlier this week when I plugged my phone into the computer - iTunes served it up.

Just did *228 for grins and now have 52809 - go figure.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They did some recent tweaking... according to a HowardForums post, an update came out on 5/14 - I did the *228 and mine went from 52707 to 52686

Also got a Carrier Settings update earlier this week when I plugged my phone into the computer - iTunes served it up.

Check this out. I'm currently in Winston Salem, NC and I attached my iPhone to my MacBook to create a local backup and iTunes alerted me to a carrier update, however, my MacBook was not connected to the Internet at the time.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm...ok strange, lol.

As for the Carrier Settings update, I recd mine, hmm.... I'd have to guess its been about 2, maybe even 3 wks now & I did it right from my phone when it popped up.

Well, when you think about it, we're in all different parts of the USA, so different areas are going to get updates & tweaks at separate times, so, in reality it makes sense. I also can add that I recd an email about 3 days ago notifying us that there were more LTE areas added, and one wasn't too far off from where I live--perhaps that's the difference in our prl's also...?? Idk just a guess on that.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Check this out. I'm currently in Winston Salem, NC and I attached my iPhone to my MacBook to create a local backup and iTunes alerted me to a carrier update, however, my MacBook was not connected to the Internet at the time.

Odd... perhaps the connecting physically to iTunes triggered it to install OTA...

Well, when you think about it, we're in all different parts of the USA, so different areas are going to get updates & tweaks at separate times, so, in reality it makes sense. I also can add that I recd an email about 3 days ago notifying us that there were more LTE areas added, and one wasn't too far off from where I live--perhaps that's the difference in our prl's also...?? Idk just a guess on that.
From what I know about PRLs... they are tied to what rate plan folks are on... and if you have a plan that's grandfathered/no longer current - a PRL version may be different than that for current plans.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Odd... perhaps the connecting physically to iTunes triggered it to install OTA...

...(snipped)...

Perhaps, but hey, as long as my device is working as it should, I'm content. ;)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
From what I know about PRLs... they are tied to what rate plan folks are on... and if you have a plan that's grandfathered/no longer current - a PRL version may be different than that for current plans.

Ooooh. Ok, I was not aware of that with the PRLs. Makes sense then, because yes, I'm on a g'fathered unltd data plan;):)

Thanks for the clarification Keith!!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, idk about you guys...I updated the PRL this morning and got 52811 lol.

Ok, really strange. I did a *228 yesterday late afternoon, and going from what i previously posted up here ^, it now shows me at 52793 :confused: I thought that was very strange to go 'back' in numeric PRL code....so this morning i did it again and got the same result of 52793.

has anyone else every noticed a 'step back' number wise in PRL updates? I mean my phone is working just fine with signal etc. - i just thought it was odd lol.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Back in mid May, mine went back in version from 52707 to 52686 then a week later, went to 52809... perhaps Verizon is up to something... just got 52771 - hmmm....

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Back in mid May, mine went back in version from 52707 to 52686 then a week later, went to 52809... perhaps Verizon is up to something... just got 52771 - hmmm....

ok, so then its not just me seeing this'drop' . At first i really thought i was seeing things, so i put on my glasses, lol, and i was like, oh i am seeing that right, it did drop back.

ok, so maybe Big Red is up to something then...i guess we shall see!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
ok, so then its not just me seeing this'drop' . At first i really thought i was seeing things, so i put on my glasses, lol, and i was like, oh i am seeing that right, it did drop back.

ok, so maybe Big Red is up to something then...i guess we shall see!

Nope... not seeing things...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR