AT&T throttling me?

low06sierra

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible for AT&T to throttle someone that has a 2gb cap? I've been having issues with my Internet connection. It won't load safari pages or apps, iMessages won't send nor mms messages. I've reset the device several times but it really doesn't do anything. I have gone over the limit 3 times last month as well

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It is possible that they will not only throttle you, but charge you for having gone over your limit.

How can you go over the limit 3 times in a single month? Either you're over the limit in a billing cycle, or you're not.

low06sierra

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
It was actually the billing cycle, sorry about that.

I honestly don't know how I go over the limit. I use safari most of the day, the wifi doesn't really reach where I'm at during work. I was always on wifi when I was closer. I figured the default YouTube app uses more data cause I would watch a couple vids that were about 3-5 min long and I would get notified that I'm at 65% of data usage. All this started to happen when I got the phone back in October, before it never happened.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It was actually the billing cycle, sorry about that.

I honestly don't know how I go over the limit. I use safari most of the day, the wifi doesn't really reach where I'm at during work. I was always on wifi when I was closer. I figured the default YouTube app uses more data cause I would watch a couple vids that were about 3-5 min long and I would get notified that I'm at 65% of data usage. All this started to happen when I got the phone back in October, before it never happened.

If you use Safari "most of the day" without being connected to a WiFi connection that's why you are going over your limit. Surfing the net a majority of the day over your data connection will do the trick...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner