- iPhone Newbie
- 42 Posts
Here is why AT&T customer service is SO F*CKED UP
Here's a fun thing to try. Everybody do it now:
1. Go to http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=m0Q6yRnx
2. Type "Why is AT&T customer service SO ****ED UP" in the search field. (Where **** = F, U, C, and K)
3. Behold the answer we've all been waiting for.
If you don't have the time, or if your internet service is down (as ours was for 2 days for
no apparent reason), here's a screenshot:
- 03-07-2012, 05:26 AM #2
- 03-07-2012, 06:01 AM #3
- 03-07-2012, 06:35 AM #4
- iPhone Newbie
- 42 Posts
Have been struggling with DSL outage, which resulted in:
1) trying to get past AT&T's automated tech support brush-off system,
2) ignorant live customer support employees blaming other divisions of the company,
3) four different support telephone numbers, all different, that all lead back to #1,
4) being forced to stay at home all day, until 7pm, for the repair technician, and
5) getting stuck in att.com's support web site trying to cancel the repair request
(because the problem mysteriously disappeared for no reason.)
On top of all that, which has been going on for 3 days and counting:
- A previous AT&T repair request (on a different phone line) was completely ignored.
The technician showed up the next day, unannounced, on a weekend morning.
No explanation other than "Don't know what happened there, sorry."
So no, I don't "get it" either. There is "no point."
AT&T are a bunch of clueless MFers.
Last edited by FlopTech; 03-07-2012 at 11:12 AM.
- 03-07-2012, 11:28 AM #6
- 03-10-2012, 12:06 AM #7
Even more stupidity
Out of warranty HTC phone went FUBAR on Monday. Decided to get a new iPhone.
1. Called on Tuesday to order. Rep said she made the order but I got no email confirmation
2. On Wednesday I called to see if the order was in the system. Was told that 24 hours had not lapsed and to try back after the 24 hours has elapsed.
3. On Thursday I was told that the web system was down and that the phone "probably" had already been shipped, and they would call me back with an update on Friday at 11 am with an update.
4. On Friday. The time had passed and I finally got in touch with Angela, who did real research and discovered the first person I talked two hadn't finished the order. She cancelled the first order and submitted the new order. Within two hours, I got an email confirmation and a tracking number.
In the meantime, I've been without a phone since Monday. AT&T did credit my account for $50' but I've lost business because of this situation. Thanks to Angela, but the incompetence of others, I've been in a mess. I will say this is the first screw up I've experienced in 5 years with AT&T, but it was an expensive one.
- 03-10-2012, 12:57 PM #8
- 03-10-2012, 02:55 PM #9
- 03-10-2012, 03:25 PM #10
- 03-10-2012, 03:30 PM #11iMore Genius
- 3,041 Posts
Month and it NEVER goes easy in the phone....
- 03-10-2012, 08:21 PM #12
- 03-11-2012, 12:30 PM #13