Roaming Question

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been with Sprint for 10 years, but where I work there is only Verizon. I've been able to roam all that time, but things have been getting worse in recent years. Starting two years ago, Verizon started cutting off data service to roamers (Sprint investigated and told me they had no leverage to get Verizon to fix this). Occasionally, 1x service returns for a month or so, but then it is gone again. Likewise, texts cam take hours to go through too.

In the past six months, I have had more and more trouble placing calls. I make two or three calls a week from this town, but while I may have 4 bars of signal, my calls will not connect. My Pre use to tell me "network busy" but the iPhone doesn't do that, it just fails.

What I'm wondering is, first do I as a Sprint customer have any rights with regard to roaming and Verizon? In other words, do they have the right to essentially cut off my service when I am on a roaming agreement with Sprint? Second, what happens if there is an emergency and I try calling 911? With this network busy garbage, I could be prevented from accessing emergency services. Are they allowed to do that?

Is this something to contact the FCC over?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW