Better to buy phone from Apple Store or Verizon?

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I am taking the plunge, selling my Galaxy Nexus and buying another iPhone 4s. Here is my question...... Is there any advantage to buy at and Apple Store or from Verizon or vice versa?

I dont care about Apple Care but I do want to carry the Verizon insurance.

Thanks!!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Apple is just better in general in terms of speed and stock - when I was with VZW any trip to the store was a painstaking grueling process lol just my 2?

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Apple won't try to talk you out of buying an iPhone. Depending on the Verizon store, they may "hassle" you a bit since they're not making as much, or any, money when you buy an iPhone.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
you could just order it online with verizon and then you don't have to talk to anyone- or wait in line-

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The question is, does Vzn have restocking fees if you decide you want a different size or color? Apple doesn't.

Lodingi

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Does Apple have the phones in stock, or do we wait for FedEx either way?

Sent from my reactivated Droid Charge using Tapatalk!

Last edited:

mrbrianwc

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've done both. If I had to buy another iPhone I'd get it from the apple store. They had it in stock. and it was cheaper. Verizon here in Vegas charges tax on the unsubsidized price.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've done both. If I had to buy another iPhone I'd get it from the apple store. They had it in stock. and it was cheaper. Verizon here in Vegas charges tax on the unsubsidized price.

So at a apple store you don't pay tax on the retail price of the phone ? Just on the discounted price say 199?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have always got my iPhones from Verizon I mean no lines on release day and it's from apple anyways and I like to set my own stuff up so I'd rather not make the trip to the jam packed apple store lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Does Apple have the phones in stock, it do we wait for FedEx either way?

Sent from my reactivated Droid Charge using Tapatalk!

They had them in Apple store here. So many that they use remote storage elsewhere in the mall. This was my first Apple product (4s) and Apple Store was great. Have purchased phones from both ATT and Verizon. Loved the Apple store. Then again, I bought a factory-unlocked phone, which is ONLY available in the Apple store.

Also did what previous poster did_ started with 16GB &decided a few days later that I needed 32gb. Easiest swap I have ever made. Anywhere. Restored phone from iCloud without any do-over of setup needed. All I had to do was log in to accounts w/ passwords. So easy.

Last edited:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It probably depends upon the store.

I have a corp owned Verizon store and Apple store both 1 - 2 mi from home. The Apple Store is usually a zoo by comparison.

jono119

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I had a hassle with the apple store. My verizon account is under my parents name and I am an authorized person on the account. Apple store didnt recognize that so I had to go to verizon to get the phone. I even waited at the apple store for a few hours back when the phone first came out. I even called vzw when I was denied the phone and they verified I WAS on the account and apples response "too bad cause we dont see it".

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner