Asurion lowers Verizon's TEC insurance price

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else get one of these letters that verizon TEC insurance from asurion is going down in price to $6.99? I haven't had TEC insurance since my BB and the letter stated that I am still enrolled with them. I went with Applecare+ and it's still cheaper asurion's new price. After waiting on the phone for about 20 minutes asurion then directed me to verizon customer care where I waited another 15 minutes just to find out that I'm not enrolled anymore and I'm just still in the system until my account works it's way out. They also lowered the deductibles for replacement phones($45 for basic phones and $99 for smartphones). I noticed that iPhones aren't even on the list. So does that mean TEC insurance won't cover iPhones anymore? Not like I care because asurion is a rip off but I'm curious

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I haven't received anything from Verizon or Asurion. Called both and neither one knew anything about this. I'm thinking about dumping the insurance all together. Was looking at going the applecare+ but it doesn't cover against physical damage or being lost.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
i havent rec'd anything in the mail about this either--and i DO have the TEC for my iPhone, and now you've noticed that the iPhone isn't on the insurance replacement warranty list now? i'm going to have to call and see what i can find out about it on Monday.

If Verizon is not going to honor the insurance for an iPhone now, then i'll be dropping mine. I have AC+ in addition--i just won't be happy because i know AC+ does NOT cover lost/stolen phones.

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
i havent rec'd anything in the mail about this either--and i DO have the TEC for my iPhone, and now you've noticed that the iPhone isn't on the insurance replacement warranty list now? i'm going to have to call and see what i can find out about it on Monday.

If Verizon is not going to honor the insurance for an iPhone now, then i'll be dropping mine. I have AC+ in addition--i just won't be happy because i know AC+ does NOT cover lost/stolen phones.

Verizon does honor the insurance. Asurion does support both the 4 and 4S they just haven't updated their site to reflect this. Like I said I called and spoke to both. The only thing they didn't know about was the price drop from 9.99 to 6.99 along with the 169.00 deductible to 99.00.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it a good thing to get apple car as well? Pink if you call Monday send me a PM with your findings

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Verizon does honor the insurance. Asurion does support both the 4 and 4S they just haven't updated their site to reflect this. Like I said I called and spoke to both. The only thing they didn't know about was the price drop from 9.99 to 6.99 along with the 169.00 deductible to 99.00.

ok Click, thanks for that !! I'm going to call on Monday anyway to see what i can find out about the price drop & the deductible--if i get a different response i'll post here.

Is it a good thing to get apple car as well? Pink if you call Monday send me a PM with your findings

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

neur0, if you want to put Apple Care+ on your iPhone you have to do it within 30days of your purchase date. Be aware that AC+ does NOT cover lost/stolen phones like the Verizon TEC coverage will. i actually have both insurances on mine.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, just to update you guys - I just called VzW cust care. Currently the TEC mthly chg for the iPhone is $9.99, with a $169 deductible if you need to use the insurance. As of now, the rep has not heard of the mthly chg going to $6.99.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, just to update you guys - I just called VzW cust care. Currently the TEC mthly chg for the iPhone is $9.99, with a $169 deductible if you need to use the insurance. As of now, the rep has not heard of the mthly chg going to $6.99.
I stated in my original post that iphones were not on the list. It's just for android and BB I believe

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I stated in my original post that iphones were not on the list. It's just for android and BB I believe

oh !! yes you did, lol. I completely was not paying attention and missed that part. I was too focused on the TEC price possibly dropping to $6.99 !! i got side tracked-- Oopsie !!

(i re-read your orig.post when i saw your reply and THEN saw that you did clarify that:eek:)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73