AT&T blackberry BIS unlimited data - can i use an iphone?

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i got my new iphone 4 from a friend and im gonna use it soon. i am still grandfathered into an unlimited BIS blackberry data plan. i was able to use an android device with this plan with no issues. if i switch to an iphone, will at&t bump me automatically to an iphone plan or would i be able to keep the BIS plan for data?

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
From my experiences they probably will automatically update you to a iPhone plan. Maybe not though. I've heard varying stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
a Blackberry data plan will not power a iPhone. No data will work. At one time there was a settings hack you could do back on iOS 3.1.3 to run a iPhone on a BB data plan but have not heard anything since then. That was 18 months ago.

jtroup

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I was on the unlimted blackberry data plan with ATT. When I switched to the iphone 4, they moved my data plan to the unlimited iphone plan.

B

bonesb

What tuffy said. I've moved my company over from BBs to iPhones and Android phones - all on unlimited data plans on ATTWS and VZW. A few ATTWS plans were ported to the new data plans, however a call to 611 fixed that in a few minutes. About 20 of my lines were ported over from BB plans to iPhone or data plans, and you should be no different. If the transition isn't automatic, a firm and short call should take care of it - your UL data should be grandfathered in without issue.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
hey Garz, you the same person from the CB forums??

thats what i figured, i guess the day of the switch, ill just swap my data plan over on OLAM.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner