Can I join Sprint without a 2-yr Agreement?

KidKid99

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Only reason I ask is cause I was about to join Verizon last year without having to sign a 2-yr Agreement by providing my own phone. Now I'm thinking of joining Sprint. But the 2-yr Agreement is something I'm not a fan of. Would I be able to do the same thing with Sprint as I did with Verizon. By joining with my own phone already?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If Sprint is like Verizon and AT&T you might be able to if you agree to pay full retail for the iPhone or you bring in your own as you said here. If you have a store in your area you can call them and ask.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Only reason I ask is cause I was about to join Verizon last year without having to sign a 2-yr Agreement by providing my own phone. Now I'm thinking of joining Sprint. But the 2-yr Agreement is something I'm not a fan of. Would I be able to do the same thing with Sprint as I did with Verizon. By joining with my own phone already?

Even if u have ur own phone, you still have to agree to a 2 yr contract. No way around it.

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. Whether you already have a phone or pay full retail price for one, you still have to agree on a new 2-Year agreement to use Sprint.

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. Whether you already have a phone or pay full retail price for one, you still have to agree on a new 2-Year agreement to use Sprint.

That's what I was figuring. Ive never heard of anything like this, though it would be nice when switching from carrier to carrier.

Wish carriers still offered 1 year agreements.:(

njt462

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Even if you have your own equipment or pay full retail you will have to sign an agreement like everyone stated BUT!!!! If you call and sign up over the phone through account services they note your account that customer signed up with user owned equipment NO ETF applies should customer leave before 24 months. If you go into a store or speak to sales on the phone they are all hungry sharks for $$$ and will not note the account for fear of you leaving and costing them commission. Account Services / Cancellations is no commission based they will work with you so you are stuck with an ETF should you not be happy outside of the 15 days.

How do I know? They have done it for me 6 times and counting. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro