Can I have two phones with the same number?

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Can I have two phones, a black iPhone 4S and a white iPhone 4S, both with the same number from Sprint ? I would like to have one of each color but don't necessarily want another phone number. Is this possible?

Does anyone have both the black and the white iPhone 4S?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You would have to constantly do an ESN swap, which entails calling Sprint and having them activate the other phone. You can't have them both active simultaneously.

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Alli and dieselboy27 for the replies. Maybe I can just have an account at two different carriers and have my main number forward calls to the other phone when I'm using it?

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Use google voice. You can use it with all your devices.

You know nite732, I actually have a google voice number and it just never occurred to me to just use that number on both phones.

Thanks for the tip and for jogging my brain into think mode!

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
You know nite732, I actually have a google voice number and it just never occurred to me to just use that number on both phones.

Yeah I'm coming from AT&T and miss swapping phones. Every time you do it with the iPhone on sprint you have to reset the iPhone to activate it again. It is a pain.

lamonicaj

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

Before you do that....go through the Sprint Google Voice Integration & convert your primary # (one you are using now as your GV #). If you like your GV # & use it currently, then create yourself a new Gmail account & get a GV # with that account. This way, you get to keep your Primary # & your original GV#.

Then you can have your Primary (new GV#) ring on both phones & still set up your current GV # to also ring on both handsets. Hope that kinda makes sense!!!

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Before you do that....go through the Sprint Google Voice Integration & convert your primary # (one you are using now as your GV #). If you like your GV # & use it currently, then create yourself a new Gmail account & get a GV # with that account. This way, you get to keep your Primary # & your original GV#.

Then you can have your Primary (new GV#) ring on both phones & still set up your current GV # to also ring on both handsets. Hope that kinda makes sense!!!

Let me read this a few times to absorb it and then it will make sense - until then THANK YOU for sharing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro