Early upgrades question...

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if Verizon still offers 1 year early upgrades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did away with the early 1 year upgrades in January I believe. So if the primary line upgraded before then, you may be able to still upgrade in 1 year. I know that I upgraded last Nov and they let me have 1 more yearly upgrade.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Then you have to wait 18 or 20 months to upgrade. Can't remember which.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I got the 4 in Feb 2011 and can't upgrade that line until Oct 2012 - you'll have to wait 20 months. You can always add a line for 9.99 though...

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It was so much better when Verizon had the option to pay $70 more, and it was only a 1 year contract. I really miss that.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing they got rid of it, because they knew they could make more money with 2 year upgrades either buy making people pay full price. Or by knowing people will add lines to get an upgrade which makes them more then the $70. Maybe I'm wrong. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was a big fan of the annual upgrade too. I refuse to pay full retail but waiting 2 years is a drag.

If you add a line for an upgrade, that's $240 over the course of the 2 years. $240 > $70. Good for Verizon, bad for consumers.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I was a big fan of the annual upgrade too. I refuse to pay full retail but waiting 2 years is a drag.

If you add a line for an upgrade, that's $240 over the course of the 2 years. $240 > $70. Good for Verizon, bad for consumers.

Yeah its is better for Verizon. It's still better for consumers, then paying full retail. It still works out to be cheaper then that. And I look like a good guy, because I put a dumb phone on the line, and gave it to my mother in law.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah its is better for Verizon. It's still better for consumers, then paying full retail. It still works out to be cheaper then that. And I look like a good guy, because I put a dumb phone on the line, and gave it to my mother in law.

We have an extra line on my account too. It's a floater for 1) the extra upgrade and 2) incase I (or another member of the family) go somewhere and don't want to take their smartphone (my Dad loves taking it hunting).

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
We have an extra line on my account too. It's a floater for 1) the extra upgrade and 2) incase I (or another member of the family) go somewhere and don't want to take their smartphone (my Dad loves taking it hunting).

That's a good idea. I have a friend that keeps an extra dumb phone line, and keeps the phone in the house on the charger in the kitchen, on a loud ring, and use's it as a house phone.

mdlissner

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I have 1 more 1 year upgrade this month. Made sure I did oe last January before the policy change. IPhone. 4S in 10 days for me.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If I was a single man I'd add a line and get a 4S then get the a 5 (potentially) when I can upgrade in August. But alas, I'm sure the wife would not condone such trickeration! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73