Speed Increases

njt462

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen any speed increases on the Iphone 4 or 4s on 3G?

When I first got my iphone my Photon and 4s were both pulling down about 100-300K on download now all of sudden they are both pulling about 1-1.5M download.

Is Sprint already rolling out the 3G network upgrades or is my area just getting lucky with people actually putting their phones down?

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I recently talked to Sprint today and they said that they are releasing new updates for 3G which will be at least 10mbps down and 5+mbps up and it'll be called EVDO Advanced and will be compatible with all 3G phones even the 4S they said it should be done nationwide by June or May...for once our 3G will be faster than Big Red's(Verizon)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No improved speeds on my friends Sprint 4S in the Philly area. She doesn't care about the speed, though, as she is happy to finally have an iPhone on Sprint.

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
in San Diego, its spotty....i'm usually encountering ~0.4 Mpbs, but there are some spots [my work, and my home] where i get 1.1-1.5 Mbps.

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Actually, if you go to Sprint.com and look at they're coverage maps and input your zip code, it will show any updates that have been done to towers and newer updates that are coming. The 3G at my job is decent, could be faster, but the coverage map showed me they will be updating the speeds in my work area within the next 6 months.

Reactions: risingofthephoenix

moonoverparma00

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually, if you go to Sprint.com and look at they're coverage maps and input your zip code, it will show any updates that have been done to towers and newer updates that are coming. The 3G at my job is decent, could be faster, but the coverage map showed me they will be updating the speeds in my work area within the next 6 months.
Where does it tell you that on the website? I don't see it.

jpdaballa

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i've gotten up to 1.92
well actually its gone up to 2.22 but then dropped down at the very last second
photo3.png

photo2.png

photo1.png

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Where does it tell you that on the website? I don't see it.

When you go to to the coverage maps, you should see it on the actual map itself when you input the zip code of you're area. I just checked myself right now, and I pulled it up no problems at all.

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
My speeds were horrible. I was out of contract and got my iPhone from Craigslist not wanting to sign another contract. My data speeds were HORRIBLE! I was getting .25-.60 at the very most. And .1 on the upload. I couldn't take it and left Sprint for At&t this week. I'm getting 4-6 down all the time.

kandekilla

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I see a lot of people talking about 4S speeds on Sprint. I will say I was avoiding snagging any iPhones on Sprint because of this. I am in charge of all our mobile phones at work. We finally decided to bring one in for testing to see how it did with our network and since we use Sprint for cell, data and Nextel. I am in the Seattle area. I work downtown and live in Lynnwood (20mi or so north of Seattle). I haven't had any issues with my 3G speeds. They are on par with my other Sprint 3G phones (EVO 4G, EVO Design 4G, EVO 3D, Arrive, Pre, Intrepid, and Ace. Yes these are on me all day every day), both in downtown Seattle as well as at home. Even kept the same speeds while in Portland a couple weeks ago.

If I have slow data speeds on the iPhone I get the same speeds on my other phones. So it is all about where you live like with any cell phone. I also have an original iPhone on T-Mobile (EDGE) that can be hit or miss as well as an iPad on AT&T. While AT&T gives overall faster speeds, I have had more consistent speeds and connection while using the Sprint 4S. Both 3G and 4G (WiMax/Clear).

Speeds averaged about 1.50Mbps down and 1Mbps up. Peaking around 2Mbps.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I was just about to ask people about this. I'm down in the Tampa area and tried today. Got around 2.25 down. I was shocked.

tham

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just pulled down a solid 0.06 Mbps down and 0.00 up in Houston.

Really.

At least I can make phone calls, unlike with AT&T here.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
i found out that if you go to network.sprint.com you can see all the upgrades there making to the tower in your area as well as what they have planned for the next 6 months. Atlanta as a few other cities are already getting LTE and here in Miami 3g is getting alot better

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox