Let's say I want an iPhone on AT&T and I get the 4GB plan

Star-Lord

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Is that enough data? I do more web browsing than streaming since I don't really like watching a lot of videos on a mobile device and I don't listen to podcasts or anything.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The 4GB tethered data plan that AT&T offers should be enough for what you want to do.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Star-Lord

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Is the tethering part necessary? I tried using tethering before, but the connection was nowhere near as good as using a standard connection that I just decided to not use it anymore.

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know that AT&T offered a 4gb non tether plan? If you have an Internet connection at home just use wifi when at home then you will be fine. My mom does that and she never goes over her 1gb and she browses pages almost every day while at work

Star-Lord

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh I see. Just asking. I'm the same way, I spend more time on the browser than I do using features of a smartphone. And most of the apps I use that require data are ones I use sparingly like the banking app to check my balance and stuff. And sometimes I download an app here and there.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Is the tethering part necessary? I tried using tethering before, but the connection was nowhere near as good as using a standard connection that I just decided to not use it anymore.

No it is not, however, it's incorporated into the 4GB data plan that you mentioned here.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh I see. Just asking. I'm the same way, I spend more time on the browser than I do using features of a smartphone. And most of the apps I use that require data are ones I use sparingly like the banking app to check my balance and stuff. And sometimes I download an app here and there.

If you are near a WiFi connection most of the day and don't plan an terhering I would go for the 2GB/$25 data plan. You probably won't even come close to using 1GB a month if this is all you will be doing.

Last edited:

grape8pe2

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
If I remember right the overage on the $25 per month DataPro package is $10 per every 1GB. That case the it would be cheaper to start with the 2GB plan and see how your usage is.

2GB = $25 (base price)
3GB = $25+$10 overage
4GB = $24+$20 overage (same as the 4GB DataPro plan)

Even if you do go over, it's going to be the same price or less. The only advantage to switching to the 4GB DataPro plan is that it includes tethering.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro