What if I want unlimited data on AT&T?

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm a new customer and what if 4GB of data is not enough? Is there anyway to get any sort of unlimited smartphone plan from AT&T? I'm not necessarily looking for the old $30/mo unlimited plan that they axed last year. But has anyone had any luck in calling AT&T up and having them switch you from the 2GB plan to the unlimited plan? Switching to Sprint is not an option as I don't want slow CDMA unlimited data. I want unlimited HSPA+ data. Thanks

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Because that's the way it is. They have had some issues with network usage (YMMV) and they started the caps. Just forget about and go to Sprint if you want unlimited. If you refuse to use Sprint, AT&T won't give unlimited and you're stuck like chuck. The decision is yours. If you want, you can email Ralph De La Vega at ralphieboy69@att.net

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
don't bash sprint okay at&t sucks dropped calls, shi*tty service and expensive plans plus sprint is releasing EVDO Advanced and it will be faster than Verizon's iPhone..... but according to head to head speed tests the Verizon iPhone is faster than AT& T's

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing that. Apparently that works but ATT likes to yank the unlimited plan away like 2 months later. Ugh

That's not true I still have an unlimited plan with AT&T that I have kept through 3 phones

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
don't bash sprint okay at&t sucks dropped calls, shi*tty service and expensive plans plus sprint is releasing EVDO Advanced and it will be faster than Verizon's iPhone..... but according to head to head speed tests the Verizon iPhone is faster than AT& T's

Not in my area it's not. I have seen up to 8 MB down on my 4s on AT&T and Verizon isn't close to that..

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
honestly, i don't think you have to worry about going over 2GB [much less 4GB] unless you don't have wifi at home. just don't watch netflix on a car ride, and you'll be fine.

i am on sprint right now [my area for some reason isn't experiencing slow data speeds] and i haven't hit 1GB yet...and i'm constantly playing songs on youtube and pandora while driving and filming dance videos. realistically 4GB is more than enough.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
honestly, i don't think you have to worry about going over 2GB [much less 4GB] unless you don't have wifi at home. just don't watch netflix on a car ride, and you'll be fine.

i am on sprint right now [my area for some reason isn't experiencing slow data speeds] and i haven't hit 1GB yet...and i'm constantly playing songs on youtube and pandora while driving and filming dance videos. realistically 4GB is more than enough.

I know but I want peace of mind and would like to stream netflix before and after classes. Tempted to try this procedure.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

When it comes to data speeds VZW LTE is the fastest (4G) and AT&T's 3G is second ... But since the 4S isn't 4G or LTE ... That makes AT&T still the fastest 3G network and they really aren't that bad anymore... They have really beefed up their network

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234