Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 91
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    MattMJB0188's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1

    Unhappy What if I want unlimited data on AT&T?

    I'm a new customer and what if 4GB of data is not enough? Is there anyway to get any sort of unlimited smartphone plan from AT&T? I'm not necessarily looking for the old $30/mo unlimited plan that they axed last year. But has anyone had any luck in calling AT&T up and having them switch you from the 2GB plan to the unlimited plan? Switching to Sprint is not an option as I don't want slow CDMA unlimited data. I want unlimited HSPA+ data. Thanks
  2. #2  
    ghostface147's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,539 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

    Default

    Nope. You can't get it.
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
  3. #3  
    Rockdog97's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,064 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,837 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.6

    Default

    they dont offer that any longer. Your only unlimited option is with Sprint.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    MattMJB0188's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1

    Default

    Why don't they offer it any longer? Sprint's network is not as good as AT&T's.
  5. #5  
    ghostface147's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,539 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

    Default

    Because that's the way it is. They have had some issues with network usage (YMMV) and they started the caps. Just forget about and go to Sprint if you want unlimited. If you refuse to use Sprint, AT&T won't give unlimited and you're stuck like chuck. The decision is yours. If you want, you can email Ralph De La Vega at
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
  6. #6  
    vietalogy's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    783 Posts
    Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default

    You can try the activating the first gen iphone loophole.
    Twitter: @vietalogy
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    MattMJB0188's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vietalogy View Post
    You can try the activating the first gen iphone loophole.
    Can you Explain?
  8. #8  
    Freegoo's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    Can you Explain?
    This is what I found on google.



    Or you could sign on with tmobile and hope the merger happens.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    MattMJB0188's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freegoo View Post
    This is what I found on google.



    Or you could sign on with tmobile and hope the merger happens.
    Thanks for sharing that. Apparently that works but ATT likes to yank the unlimited plan away like 2 months later. Ugh
  10. #10  
    ariellemerperle's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5

    Default

    don't bash sprint okay at&t sucks dropped calls, shi*tty service and expensive plans plus sprint is releasing EVDO Advanced and it will be faster than Verizon's iPhone..... but according to head to head speed tests the Verizon iPhone is faster than AT& T's
  11. #11  
    noaim's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,452 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,478 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. Apparently that works but ATT likes to yank the unlimited plan away like 2 months later. Ugh
    That's not true I still have an unlimited plan with AT&T that I have kept through 3 phones


    Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    I answer questions to the best of my knowledge if im wrong please correct me
  12. #12  
    noaim's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,452 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,478 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariellemerperle View Post
    don't bash sprint okay at&t sucks dropped calls, shi*tty service and expensive plans plus sprint is releasing EVDO Advanced and it will be faster than Verizon's iPhone..... but according to head to head speed tests the Verizon iPhone is faster than AT& T's
    Not in my area it's not. I have seen up to 8 MB down on my 4s on AT&T and Verizon isn't close to that..


    Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    I answer questions to the best of my knowledge if im wrong please correct me
  13. #13  
    Rocktapus's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    170 Posts

    Default

    honestly, i don't think you have to worry about going over 2GB [much less 4GB] unless you don't have wifi at home. just don't watch netflix on a car ride, and you'll be fine.

    i am on sprint right now [my area for some reason isn't experiencing slow data speeds] and i haven't hit 1GB yet...and i'm constantly playing songs on youtube and pandora while driving and filming dance videos. realistically 4GB is more than enough.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    MattMJB0188's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocktapus View Post
    honestly, i don't think you have to worry about going over 2GB [much less 4GB] unless you don't have wifi at home. just don't watch netflix on a car ride, and you'll be fine.

    i am on sprint right now [my area for some reason isn't experiencing slow data speeds] and i haven't hit 1GB yet...and i'm constantly playing songs on youtube and pandora while driving and filming dance videos. realistically 4GB is more than enough.
    I know but I want peace of mind and would like to stream netflix before and after classes. Tempted to try this procedure.
  15. #15  
    RichardC300's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default

    I had the unlimited plan from my blackberry and I think it carried over to my iPhone.
  16. #16  
    Cleveland's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,257 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,883 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariellemerperle View Post
    don't bash sprint okay at&t sucks dropped calls, shi*tty service and expensive plans plus sprint is releasing EVDO Advanced and it will be faster than Verizon's iPhone..... but according to head to head speed tests the Verizon iPhone is faster than AT& T's
    When it comes to data speeds VZW LTE is the fastest (4G) and AT&T's 3G is second ... But since the 4S isn't 4G or LTE ... That makes AT&T still the fastest 3G network and they really aren't that bad anymore... They have really beefed up their network
    Cleveland

    www.adelitaswaymusic.net


    Quote from Jellotime91
    And, I'm not trying to push my preference on others, so I've got no reason to go and join an android forum to talk about how awesome iPhone is. That's like going to a KKK meeting and trying to show people the latest queen latifah movie...
  17. #17  
    Priyal27's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1

    Default

    soo glad that i had unlimited data before the caps, grandfathering FTW.
  18. #18  
    iFizzgig's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    81 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0

    Default

    You can use as much data as you'd like, you just have to pay for anything you use above your plan.
    @iFizzgig
    AIM: iAmFizzgig
  19. #19  
    BrindawithanI's Avatar
    iPhone Experts

    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    906 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5

    Default

    You are a VERY brave(?) person to give up all that info to "a guy named Jay".
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    MattMJB0188's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrindawithanI View Post
    You are a VERY brave(?) person to give up all that info to "a guy named Jay".
    Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. Definitely not a good idea. He wanted me to mention it online.
  21. #21  
    Bias X's Avatar
    iPhone Pro

    Posts
    595 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariellemerperle View Post
    don't bash sprint okay at&t sucks dropped calls, shi*tty service and expensive plans plus sprint is releasing EVDO Advanced and it will be faster than Verizon's iPhone..... but according to head to head speed tests the Verizon iPhone is faster than AT& T's
    I wouldn't imagine telling people not to bash Sprint and then turning around and bashing another carrier would get people on your good side.

    Also i have only seen one instance of a Verizon 4S beating an At&t 4S.
    On average At&t has out performed the others and it should be.
    At&t's 3G is faster than Sprint or Verizon, and the additional 14.4 mbps should increase it that much more.
  22. #22  
    ariellemerperle's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5

    Default

    that faster speeds isn't 3G it's HSPA+/4G.....and the only reason I bash AT&T is because I tried getting an iPhone 4S with them recently and my security deposit was $700 with decent credit and it was even $700 even with no credit
  23. #23  
    Irish Rose's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    Sprint's network is not as good as AT&T's.
    Sprint knows it too, which is why they offer things like cheaper plans and unlimited data to attract customers.
  24. #24  
    Irish Rose's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariellemerperle View Post
    that faster speeds isn't 3G it's HSPA+/4G.....and the only reason I bash AT&T is because I tried getting an iPhone 4S with them recently and my security deposit was $700 with decent credit and it was even $700 even with no credit
    Sorry that you had a bad experience with getting service with AT&T. Unfortunately there are only two wireless carriers (Sprint, T-Mobile) here in the US that don't have stringent security checks with high deposits. Verizon and AT&T can be pricey for those that have a poor security rating.
  25. #25  
    Rockdog97's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,064 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,837 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariellemerperle View Post
    that faster speeds isn't 3G it's HSPA+/4G.....and the only reason I bash AT&T is because I tried getting an iPhone 4S with them recently and my security deposit was $700 with decent credit and it was even $700 even with no credit
    Yikes! That does suck indeed... you could just by one outright for far less than that..
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions