What if I want unlimited data on AT&T?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
don't bash sprint okay at&t sucks dropped calls, shi*tty service and expensive plans plus sprint is releasing EVDO Advanced and it will be faster than Verizon's iPhone..... but according to head to head speed tests the Verizon iPhone is faster than AT& T's

I wouldn't imagine telling people not to bash Sprint and then turning around and bashing another carrier would get people on your good side.

Also i have only seen one instance of a Verizon 4S beating an At&t 4S.
On average At&t has out performed the others and it should be.
At&t's 3G is faster than Sprint or Verizon, and the additional 14.4 mbps should increase it that much more.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
that faster speeds isn't 3G it's HSPA+/4G.....and the only reason I bash AT&T is because I tried getting an iPhone 4S with them recently and my security deposit was $700 with decent credit and it was even $700 even with no credit

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
that faster speeds isn't 3G it's HSPA+/4G.....and the only reason I bash AT&T is because I tried getting an iPhone 4S with them recently and my security deposit was $700 with decent credit and it was even $700 even with no credit

Sorry that you had a bad experience with getting service with AT&T. Unfortunately there are only two wireless carriers (Sprint, T-Mobile) here in the US that don't have stringent security checks with high deposits. Verizon and AT&T can be pricey for those that have a poor security rating.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

Yikes! That does suck indeed... you could just by one outright for far less than that..

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a poor credit score either they said because it wasn't perfect and apparently that's what they charge new customers and people with no credit.....that's a crock of sh*te they just want my money

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Sprint knows it too, which is why they offer things like cheaper plans and unlimited data to attract customers.

Yeah but Sprint's CDMA network doesn't hold a candle to AT&T's superior GSM/HSPA+ network. I'd take 2GB of data anyday with fast speeds versus spees that cannot even reach 1Mbps down on Sprint. Oh and just to reassure anyone who thinks I'm just making that up for the sake of arguement, I am not. I had Sprint this past summer when the Evo 3D came out and it was aboslutely horrible. Their coverage map says I was in a "Good" coverage area, yet I was always roaming. Getting 1Mbps is pretty good on Sprint but rarely happened. I am not a fan of CDMA technology as you can't do data and voice simultaneously.

I did successfully get the AT&T $30 unlimited plan today but I'm not gonna discuss how as I already foolsihly did lol. I hope I can keep it for the life of my contract and I won't change anything including phones lol. I know someday it will be gone for good.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a poor credit score either they said because it wasn't perfect and apparently that's what they charge new customers and people with no credit.....that's a crock of sh*te they just want my money

Hmmm.. from your other post you said that you own both AT&T and Verizon money.. no wonder they want a security deposit... just settle your depts with these companies and move on.. or continue to suffer... I guess they just want their money as well. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ariellemerperle

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
No, you just have crappy credit at one of the agencies we checked, there are three. You also may have a very short credit history, not enough to gauge worthiness. I dont have the best credit and I have no deposit with AT&T.

Reactions: ariellemerperle

Dave Irwin

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been with Verizon for years and remained 'grand fathered' in with an unlimited data plan.

That's the main reason I have stayed with them, cause AT&T will not it give it up and if I come back to VWZ, they won't give it back.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but Sprint's CDMA network doesn't hold a candle to AT&T's superior GSM/HSPA+ network. I'd take 2GB of data anyday with fast speeds versus spees that cannot even reach 1Mbps down on Sprint. Oh and just to reassure anyone who thinks I'm just making that up for the sake of arguement, I am not. I had Sprint this past summer when the Evo 3D came out and it was aboslutely horrible. Their coverage map says I was in a "Good" coverage area, yet I was always roaming. Getting 1Mbps is pretty good on Sprint but rarely happened. I am not a fan of CDMA technology as you can't do data and voice simultaneously.

I did successfully get the AT&T $30 unlimited plan today but I'm not gonna discuss how as I already foolsihly did lol. I hope I can keep it for the life of my contract and I won't change anything including phones lol. I know someday it will be gone for good.
how did you get unlimited data with them?

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
how did you get unlimited data with them?

PM me for info. Its legit.

jfcco1.jpg

Star-Lord

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, how did you get unlimited data? Only way I can think of is taking over someones contract. Care to PM the details?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

At&t's 3G has still been shown to be faster than Verizon or Sprint.
Even with the 4 (vs Verizon anyways, i dont know if anyone has done speed tests on Sprint yet)
Of course Verizon gets more coverage enabling faster data across more of the globe.

The big companies usually are pretty picky.
Sorry for your experience.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The reason I won't go with AT&T is because they want $700 out of me to sign up even though my credit score is 600 and I won't go with Verizon because they wouldn't refund $500 worth of charges someone made on my phone after it was lost because I didn't have insurance

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The reason I won't go with AT&T is because they want $700 out of me to sign up even though my credit score is 600 and I won't go with Verizon because they wouldn't refund $500 worth of charges someone made on my phone after it was lost because I didn't have insurance

The fact that AT&T wants a deposit from you based on your credit score in no way makes them a bad carrier. It is simply their way of making sure that they don't get screwed in the process of offering you service. You already said you owe Verizon money. If you felt that strongly about not owing them the money due to fraudulent charges to your account, you really should have fought them on it rather than leaving and not addressing it. As a huge company Verizon has to do something about the $500 that is owed to them, if they don't get paid within a certain period of time, they'll turn your account over to a collection agency, which is what brings your credit score down.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

That is cool, Matt. Glad to hear you were able to get the unlimited data plan. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal