AT&T Early Upgrade...
So I called a couple of weeks ago and asked AT&T about an early upgrade.. to which they replied that I could only do an early upgrade to an iPhone 4s if I was within one month of my contract renewal. So my early upgrade date is Monday, November 7th.. I was pretty excited these past couple of weeks just waiting for monday to roll around.. Then I called AT&T today to double check that this was still correct because, well I stopped into an AT&T store and the dingleberry salesman said I could only early upgrade if I was within the same MONTH of my contract renewal (which would be December).
I explained to him that I'd spoke with an AT&T rep on the phone 2 weeks ago who told me my early upgrade would be within a month of my contract. The salesman said "well that's between you and them." ??? me and them?? ummm ok dude, i guess you're not one of "them"... So that's why I called AT&T again today.. just to get clarification.
So now comes the good news/bad news. While talking with the AT&T rep on the phone, he confirmed I could do the early upgrade come Monday. but he said I should just wait till my contract is up on Dec 7th because.....ready for this.... at that time they will be offering me a $250 credit on any new phone.. including the 4S! So i could get the 16GB for free, the 32GB for $49, or the 64GB for $149!!
I was soooo looking forward to upgrading on Monday, but I guess I can hold out another month for the $250 credit! Yeah baby...
Last edited by Rockdog97; 11-04-2011 at 09:54 PM.
- 11-04-2011, 09:55 PM #2
- 11-04-2011, 10:08 PM #4
- 11-04-2011, 10:08 PM #5
- 11-04-2011, 10:15 PM #6
- 11-04-2011, 10:27 PM #7
Did the rep quote the prices? Or did he say $250 off and you did the math? I'm only asking because he very well could have meant $250 off the "MSRP"... which would put your actual out of pocket cost in the neighborhood of the going rate for iPhone 4S with a new/renew contract discount.
- 11-04-2011, 10:30 PM #8
No.he quoted me the prices... so the 64GB would normally be $399, but would only be $149 with the discount (399-250=149)...
I'm not really surprised the dingleberry sales dude didn't even know this or didn't know about the 1 month early upgrade...
- 11-05-2011, 12:16 AM #10
Score!! Get that in writing and his name and go back to him to do the upgrade ! Def get the 64 .. For that price .. Me personally for my phone the 16 is decent I do wish thou I had a 64 on my iPad ... Dang movies and iPad apps eat up space
Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
The bummer is that I have to wait another month..and I thought these past 2 weeks were tough waiting for Monday to come around! Just have to stop in more often to my local AT&T store and play with he 4S..
Anyone have an extra iPhone lying around that I can borrow for a month!
- 11-05-2011, 12:49 AM #12
- 11-05-2011, 01:08 AM #13
- 11-05-2011, 07:58 AM #14
Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
- 11-05-2011, 08:39 AM #15
TiPb did a write up of the early adopter iPhone prices here: http://www.tipb.com/2011/10/04/att-a...ne-4-adopters/
- 11-05-2011, 11:32 AM #16
Even with notes of the incorrect prcing those prices WILL NOT be honored. AT&T CANNOT ADJUST IPHONE PRICING OR ISSUE CREDITS FOR IPHONE PURCHASES. If a rep does this they are fired.
so now they have opened a case to see if they can waive the early upgrade fees and allow me to upgrade sooner than Dec 7th...
so we'll see what they say.... this does not make me happy..
Last edited by Rockdog97; 11-05-2011 at 05:09 PM.
- 11-05-2011, 05:20 PM #18
- 11-05-2011, 07:33 PM #19
I paid $250 extra for an iPhone 4S on two of my lines. Opened a 3rd to get the discount.
The positive about the early upgrade is that I could have upgraded a few months ago and can still pay $250 extra to get the early upgrade, right after the previous upgrade on the same line.
well the crappy thing is is that I was told my two different AT&T reps that I could upgrade, at the subsidized prices, one month prior to my contact expiration. I specifically asked if this applied to the 4S and was told yes...then today I was told by to other reps that I could not upgrade until my contact expiration (Dec 7th) w/o paying the early upgrade fee ($250)...
So after talking with the AT&T folks today, they put in a case file to have a manager review to see if they could overide the early upgrade fee and get me a phone before Dec 7th.. We'll see...
- 11-06-2011, 01:11 AM #21
- 11-06-2011, 01:37 AM #22
If your with in a month of contract being up they should let you up grade if not you could easy get a new carrier in a month and get the cheaper pricing that wouldn't be smart on there part to lose a customer for something so simple ... I've seen Verizon push upgrades no problem
Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
- 11-06-2011, 07:54 AM #23
- 11-06-2011, 08:01 AM #24
- 11-06-2011, 09:50 AM #25