Sacrifice Data Speed For Saving Money?

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
My wife/kids are on a Sprint family plan. I decided to drop my AT&T plan (with an iPhone 3GS) to switch to Sprint. By doing so, I am saving ~$60 per month over my old plan. After a couple of weeks, I'm pretty disappointed with the data connections. I live in the Chicago area, so one would think I'd get a decent signal. I always had a good 3G signal with AT&T. I almost never have a 3G signal with Sprint.

While I can afford to pay the extra $60 per month for AT&T, I'm still not certain it's worth it.

Not sure what I'm looking for in this thread...just venting a little I guess.

speedskate#IM

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain! I'm in Chicago too, and Sprint's 3G just isn't that great here in many places. Fortunately, I can make use of Wifi at my home and University where I spend most of my time. So to me, it really isn't worth the extra money for AT&T at all. Sadly, don't expect it to get any better on 3G in Chicago.

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
My band played in Chicago last night (around Sheffield/Diversey) and the coverage was good. Unfortunately, I spend most of my time in the SW burbs. I do think you're right though, I'm on WiFi most of the time and I don't think paying the extra $700+ per year is worth it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods