I just dropped my Verizon Tec Insurance for Applecare+. Good decision?

Jacoblee27

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon insurance is around 11.99 a month, plus a $169 deductible, if I have to have the phone replaced. Applecare+ is $100 for the two years, covers two accidents, and is a $49 deductible. The only thing that I think is better about the Verizon insurance, is it covers the phone if it is lost or stolen.

I have my phone with me at all times, so hopefully this isn't an issue. Did I make the right decision? It seems like that I will be saving a lot of money with Applecare+. A $169 deductible, along with paying 11.99 a month is ridiculous expensive, when you add it all up. Did you choose Applecare+, instead of the carrier insurance?

Dadman

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I think it is a good decision. Not only do you get breakage coverage, but also it adds phone and warranty support for 2 years.

I like taking my products directly to Apple.

NickCat11

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a better decision. Verizons insurance is a ripoff. I went with squaretrade which offers basically the same thing as AppleCare but excepts three accidents.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got my AppleCare+ added today when I called in to Apple Support. Now I have to ship back the original AppleCare I got from Verizon (get my refund) and cancel the insurance. Another $12+taxes a month saved which is definitely worth it.

Since I got the Twelvesouth BookBook case (wallet/case) I certainly won't be letting my phone out of my hands.

Jacoblee27

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I got my AppleCare+ added today when I called in to Apple Support. Now I have to ship back the original AppleCare I got from Verizon (get my refund) and cancel the insurance. Another $12+taxes a month saved which is definitely worth it.

Since I got the Twelvesouth BookBook case (wallet/case) I certainly won't be letting my phone out of my hands.

You got the original AppleCare originally too? Yesterday, the lady at Verizon read me the rules of AppleCare+, and said this is what I was getting, so I bought it. I noticed that it didn't say Plus anywhere on the software, and I took it back. Verizon wouldn't sell me AppleCare+. I guess the sales lady there got confused or something? So will I be receiving software for Apple Care+?

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
definitely a good decision. I saw verizon recently lowered their insurance price to $9.99 I believe. but Applecare+ is a way better choice

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Holy cow. $169 deductible? If you drop the phone and break it you pay $30 more without apple care at apple for them to replace it. Totally not worth it there!

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just received a "new" iPhone 4 (8gb) from VZW (to replace my berry) and with my NE2 discount and some statement credits, I netted the phone for $39 after tax. I chose neither insurance option.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Did I make the right decision?
There are no absolutes. It's your judgement call. Loss/theft coverage is something I want, for example. For some reason, I keep losing devices at the Starbucks at the back of the MGM Grand -- on multiple different trips to Vegas, no less.

Holy cow. $169 deductible? If you drop the phone and break it you pay $30 more without apple care at apple for them to replace it. Totally not worth it there!
Worth is always highly subjective. Lose or get your device stolen and you're paying full price for a replacement unless you're eligible for a subsidy.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW