Thinking of leaving sprint for ATT, when LTE comes out will all things be the same?

infoe

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
My whole thing is this...if in the future (next year or two years) the competitive advantage of att is diminished and all things will be equal because of LTE...then I can stay with the iphone4s on sprint and literally just avoid the hastle of switching.

If AT&T is going to continue to be faster in the future, I have good coverage in both areas that I have lived and frequent...then switching carriers would be worth it as the price is so close.

What do you think and or what would you do?

(this thread I posted over on the sprint forums but not getting much feedback either way)

it all springs from the difference of speed on att vs sprint and enjoying the experience on the iphone 4s more on att and in the future with other phones. (Im currently in dallas where att has 4g lte rolled out)

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Depends what their LTE coverage will end up being. If it is similar to their 3G coverage I would get out early lol.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My whole thing is this...if in the future (next year or two years) the competitive advantage of att is diminished and all things will be equal because of LTE...
Won't happen. Network tech is just one factor. Say, carrier A doesn't have the tower density/placement of carrier B. Carrier B could have worse coverage/service (to put it very simply).

Just look at existing carriers. Are all GSM carriers equal? Are all CDMA carriers equal?

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Won't happen. Network tech is just one factor. Say, carrier A doesn't have the tower density/placement of carrier B. Carrier B could have worse coverage/service (to put it very simply).

Just look at existing carriers. Are all GSM carriers equal? Are all CDMA carriers equal?

Agreed.

Just bc carriers will be offering LTE, doesn't mean it's all going to be the same frequency. Bummer I know. But then there would be 1 carrier to rule them all and no competition and rise in price for us.

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2