Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Verizon Has the Best Customer Service

haha, wow. i hate CDMA's limitations, but Verizon just called me and said they noticed that I have an extended trial period and that they can exchange my iPhone 4 for a 4S with no additional charge. These guys really are great. i #$%^ you not. I've noticed that their customer service is way more competent than their competitors as well.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree with you about the customer service. I don't mind talking to Verizon at all.
    Last edited by paul-c; 10-09-2011 at 10:18 PM.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great they are fixing you up with the new 4S for no additional charge! I'll have to say that I can't totally agree on the great customer service, at least from my experience. I was with Sprint for 15 yrs and just switched our family of 5 to Verizon on July 1. I've had to deal with customer service 2 times now. They were professional (not rude) and seem to be knowledgeable. But, both times I was given bad information, they agreed it was in their notes, but unfortuately, they could do nothing about it. Let's say I was one unsatified Verizon custormer, as far as billing is concerned. Network and coverage are great though.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just dealt with them last week when I ordered a 4S and it went a lot smoother than I thought it would
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All they did really was give you an upgrade. Sprint does the same, but they "buy your phone back".
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dannymichel View Post
    haha, wow. i hate CDMA's limitations, but Verizon just called me and said they noticed that I have an extended trial period and that they can exchange my iPhone 4 for a 4S with no additional charge. These guys really are great. i #$%^ you not. I've noticed that their customer service is way more competent than their competitors as well.
    Is that because of or in spite of this:

http://forums.tipb.com/verizon-forum...-indirect.html

As with anything, it's the personal experience that sets the standard for each of us. And remember, YMMV.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    743 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been with Vz for the past 9 years and their CS has been very helpful to me. I never have to wait on hold very long and any issues have been quickly rectified.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,607 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dannymichel View Post
    Verizon Has the Best Customer Service
    That's a bold statement with little meaningful support behind it. I mean, I'm a Verizon customer and happy with them but what other carriers have you been with and when were you with them? Be careful making broad, sweeping statements based on a single piece of anecdotal evidence.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good customer service depends on who answers the phone when I call. I have been with all four major carriers and it is hit or miss with all of them. I used to like Sprint the best because it they couldn't fix the problem, they would just credit my account $50 or more.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,094 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been with Verizon for almost 6 years now (looking to renew the rest of my family plan next month for another 2 years). Overall, their customer service has been stellar. As of late, I've gotten the run around when I've called inquiring about upgrades and activation fees. I'm hoping this was just a fluke since I've had nothing but great service from them since day 1.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,486 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VZW is the best - better than AT&T - Sprint is too small to compare them to. The service reps on the horn, I have found, are typically better than the in-store reps. Like a prior poster said, YMMV.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had both good and bad experiences with them... when I got my iPhone they were super nice and helpful, but I had an hour long argument back last year with a rep who REFUSED to accept that Verizon'd ever get the iPhone and laughed when I suggested it... but who's laughing now
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had T-mobile and compared to them it has been a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk