Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Verizon Has the Best Customer Service

haha, wow. i hate CDMA's limitations, but Verizon just called me and said they noticed that I have an extended trial period and that they can exchange my iPhone 4 for a 4S with no additional charge. These guys really are great. i #$%^ you not. I've noticed that their customer service is way more competent than their competitors as well.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,512 Global Posts

I totally agree with you about the customer service. I don't mind talking to Verizon at all.
    Last edited by paul-c; 10-09-2011 at 09:18 PM.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Great they are fixing you up with the new 4S for no additional charge! I'll have to say that I can't totally agree on the great customer service, at least from my experience. I was with Sprint for 15 yrs and just switched our family of 5 to Verizon on July 1. I've had to deal with customer service 2 times now. They were professional (not rude) and seem to be knowledgeable. But, both times I was given bad information, they agreed it was in their notes, but unfortuately, they could do nothing about it. Let's say I was one unsatified Verizon custormer, as far as billing is concerned. Network and coverage are great though.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

I just dealt with them last week when I ordered a 4S and it went a lot smoother than I thought it would
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

All they did really was give you an upgrade. Sprint does the same, but they "buy your phone back".

Current Phones: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry OS & WebOS
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by dannymichel View Post
    haha, wow. i hate CDMA's limitations, but Verizon just called me and said they noticed that I have an extended trial period and that they can exchange my iPhone 4 for a 4S with no additional charge. These guys really are great. i #$%^ you not. I've noticed that their customer service is way more competent than their competitors as well.
    Is that because of or in spite of this:

http://forums.tipb.com/verizon-forum...-indirect.html

As with anything, it's the personal experience that sets the standard for each of us. And remember, YMMV.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've been with Vz for the past 9 years and their CS has been very helpful to me. I never have to wait on hold very long and any issues have been quickly rectified.
    iPhone 5 - iPad Air - MacBook Pro 13" - ATV3

+ Romans 8:28 +
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,607 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dannymichel View Post
    Verizon Has the Best Customer Service
    That's a bold statement with little meaningful support behind it. I mean, I'm a Verizon customer and happy with them but what other carriers have you been with and when were you with them? Be careful making broad, sweeping statements based on a single piece of anecdotal evidence.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Good customer service depends on who answers the phone when I call. I have been with all four major carriers and it is hit or miss with all of them. I used to like Sprint the best because it they couldn't fix the problem, they would just credit my account $50 or more.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've been with Verizon for almost 6 years now (looking to renew the rest of my family plan next month for another 2 years). Overall, their customer service has been stellar. As of late, I've gotten the run around when I've called inquiring about upgrades and activation fees. I'm hoping this was just a fluke since I've had nothing but great service from them since day 1.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,052 Global Posts

VZW is the best - better than AT&T - Sprint is too small to compare them to. The service reps on the horn, I have found, are typically better than the in-store reps. Like a prior poster said, YMMV.
    iPhone Pro

iOS Version

I've had both good and bad experiences with them... when I got my iPhone they were super nice and helpful, but I had an hour long argument back last year with a rep who REFUSED to accept that Verizon'd ever get the iPhone and laughed when I suggested it... but who's laughing now
    C H I R M E R
    Graphic designer, classical musician, Paleo eater, evolutionary runner & all-around Apple fangirl.
    2008 Macbook (white, 4GB RAM) [sold] >> iPod Touch (1st Gen, 8 GB) [sold]>> iPhone 4 (black, 16 GB) >> 2012 Macbook Pro w/Retina Display (2.3 GHz 16GB RAM)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I had T-mobile and compared to them it has been a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk
    32GB iPhone 5 black
    32GB Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    16GB iPhone 4 black retired/backup
    16GB iPad 3rd gen WiFi
    16GB OG iPad WiFi sold