Getting my 4s on Sprint!! "On Becoming an Apple convert..."

Dome

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Another Pre guy here (Zyphlin over at PreCentral). I prefer WP7 as an OS, prefer the specs of the Android phones, but the iPhone seems to be the best balance of them both with the best app catalog (in part because I already own a lot due to my iPad2).

Bought the phone off contract since my job MAY convert to the iPhone now that iOS5 improves some security things, in which case I'd sell the phone and just use my business phone at all times. Plus I figure this way next year I can get the iPhone5 which should be a new design rather than simply an update on an upgrade plan and change carriers if need be.

I'm really going to miss my Touchstone.

Looks like there are a bunch of us. Sprint user here (for 13 years) and all my previous smartphones have been Palms. I will say that I'm going to miss WebOS, especially 3.0. I would stack WebOS 3 up against iOS any day. However, now that HP has killed it and now that Sprint is getting the iPhone, I am eager to convert. I exchanged my (non $99) TouchPad for an iPad2 the day HP announced they were throwing in the WebOS towel and pre-ordered an iPhone 4s to replace my ailing Palm Pre.

I've been reading about all these Apple fans disappointed in the 4s... But these folks have nothing on Palm/WebOS followers. Disappointment was just part of the norm! I for one am super excited for the new iPhone. A great product announcement with availability 2 weeks later... :eek::eek: I've never known what that's like!! :D

I'll miss WebOS and all it could have been (and I'll miss those cool touchstones too), but iOS is a great platform and I'm really looking forward to getting on board.

Sent from my iPad

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean. While I still love Android (don't hate me) my son has been eagerly awaiting the IPhone on Sprint. I am a pretty open-minded person so who knows, I may become a convert. I am pretty excited for my son's sake :)

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean. While I still love Android (don't hate me) my son has been eagerly awaiting the IPhone on Sprint. I am a pretty open-minded person so who knows, I may become a convert. I am pretty excited for my son's sake :)

Once, you see you're son use his iPhone you will become jealous, but don't worry! It's a good thing, it Steve Jobs saying, "Welcome to Apple :)"

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Sprint too so I also am so excited to FINALLY be able to get an iPhone, it's all I have wanted for years haha. Congrats to all to newbies and to the people getting the new 4s even if they have a prior model

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Please forgive a noob for a potentially stupid question, but I take it since there are iPhones with different amounts of storage that you cannot use an sd card. Is that correct? Thank you.

Roustermiller

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been waiting for years for the IPhone to come to sprint. since it first was announced. Now I have my whole family getting one my wife and I, my mom, dad, and baby sister. It's been a long time coming I can't wait to have one in my hand.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Please forgive a noob for a potentially stupid question, but I take it since there are iPhones with different amounts of storage that you cannot use an sd card. Is that correct? Thank you.

Yes, that is correct. iPhone's don't support micro SD cards from expansion memory. They do come with on-board memory and with the 8GB out and switch with the 16GB and the fact that you can store stuff in iCloud should give you a lot of memory :)

Reactions: CarrieMK

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that is correct. iPhone's don't support micro SD cards from expansion memory. They do come with on-board memory and with the 8GB out and switch with the 16GB and the fact that you can store stuff in iCloud should give you a lot of memory :)

Thank you, and thank you for answering without making me feel like a doofus :) So do you think for my 17 year old son that a 16GB would be enough? I know I'm out of luck for now unless I'm blessed enough to win the one being given away here but I am trying to learn all I can and hopefully save enough money to get him one in time for Christmas.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, and thank you for answering without making me feel like a doofus :) So do you think for my 17 year old son that a 16GB would be enough? I know I'm out of luck for now unless I'm blessed enough to win the one being given away here but I am trying to learn all I can and hopefully save enough money to get him one in time for Christmas.

Yeah I would think so, 16GB would hold enough according to some guys iPhone it holds:

492 songs
50 videos
67 photos
30 apps
And I have 3.2 gb left.
32GB would double all of this.

So I think 16GB should be fine :)

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I would think so, 16GB would hold enough according to some guys iPhone it holds:

492 songs
50 videos
67 photos
30 apps
And I have 3.2 gb left.
32GB would double all of this.

So I think 16GB should be fine :)

Thank you! That does sound like plenty and as you said before, he could also use the cloud. Well, I have another noob question... Since he has an iPod and iPad already, does that mean he could share using the cloud among all three devices?

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! That does sound like plenty and as you said before, he could also use the cloud. Well, I have another noob question... Since he has an iPod and iPad already, does that mean he could share using the cloud among all three devices?

Yes, well it would depend on if the iPod he has gets the iOS 5 update, which it will if its an iPod 4 or 3. Otherwise he could as long as their all linked to the same account which i'm pretty sure he knows how to do already. :)

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, well it would depend on if the iPod he has gets the iOS 5 update, which it will if its an iPod 4 or 3. Otherwise he could as long as their all linked to the same account which i'm pretty sure he knows how to do already. :)

Lol, yes, he probably already knows. ;) I am mainly asking for my own benefit so I will be knowledgeable enough to talk to him about it and make sure I have everything covered. Thanks again for all of your help!

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Lol, yes, he probably already knows. ;) I am mainly asking for my own benefit so I will be knowledgeable enough to talk to him about it and make sure I have everything covered. Thanks again for all of your help!

No problem! If they're anything you still have questions about you can always send me a private message, and I'm helping you in more than one thread so this isn't goodbye ;)

D0minoid

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my wife the iPhone 4S on Sprint. I am hoping the antenna on it is better than the one on the Epic 4G. Before the Samsung she was using the Palm Pre which was better than the Epic (at times). Overall I am hoping the antenna will be like those found on the Sanyo phones on Sprint. Everyone of the Sanyo phones i had with Sprint always held and had signal better than the Samsung phone currently.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my wife the iPhone 4S on Sprint. I am hoping the antenna on it is better than the one on the Epic 4G. Before the Samsung she was using the Palm Pre which was better than the Epic (at times). Overall I am hoping the antenna will be like those found on the Sanyo phones on Sprint. Everyone of the Sanyo phones i had with Sprint always held and had signal better than the Samsung phone currently.

Yeah, the Antenna should be better considering Apple made 2 Antenna's in one device for iPhone 4S :)

D0minoid

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the Antenna should be better considering Apple made 2 Antenna's in one device for iPhone 4S :)

If it is, i might have to switch myself. The signal from the Samsung is low, We live a mile from two towers and the Samsung phone will not even keep a signal at our home. I am crossing my fingers for her. :D

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If it is, i might have to switch myself. The signal from the Samsung is low, We live a mile from two towers and the Samsung phone will not even keep a signal at our home. I am crossing my fingers for her. :D

Yeah you should definetly make the switch to iOS, :)

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, depending on how it goes with getting my son an iPhone, I may get one for myself next year when I have an upgrade. You can bet if I do I will be a frequent visitor of the jailbreak section ;)

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm also getting my 4s on sprint. But I had the og iPhone but then went to sprint, so had to give it up. So excited to get my white 4s. Took me over am hour and a half to get it preordered .I already have a macbook thanks to my school and an iPad 2 so this will just fit right in

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh