Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes
    iPhone Intermediate

Please forgive a noob for a potentially stupid question, but I take it since there are iPhones with different amounts of storage that you cannot use an sd card. Is that correct? Thank you.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've been waiting for years for the IPhone to come to sprint. since it first was announced. Now I have my whole family getting one my wife and I, my mom, dad, and baby sister. It's been a long time coming I can't wait to have one in my hand.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieMK View Post
    Please forgive a noob for a potentially stupid question, but I take it since there are iPhones with different amounts of storage that you cannot use an sd card. Is that correct? Thank you.
    Yes, that is correct. iPhone's don't support micro SD cards from expansion memory. They do come with on-board memory and with the 8GB out and switch with the 16GB and the fact that you can store stuff in iCloud should give you a lot of memory
    Just remeber: If I helped you or you think my comment was funny, Thank me

Rest in Peace STEVE JOBS
    Thanked by:
    CarrieMK (10-09-2011)
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by zackawee27 View Post
    Yes, that is correct. iPhone's don't support micro SD cards from expansion memory. They do come with on-board memory and with the 8GB out and switch with the 16GB and the fact that you can store stuff in iCloud should give you a lot of memory
    Thank you, and thank you for answering without making me feel like a doofus So do you think for my 17 year old son that a 16GB would be enough? I know I'm out of luck for now unless I'm blessed enough to win the one being given away here but I am trying to learn all I can and hopefully save enough money to get him one in time for Christmas.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

Thank you, and thank you for answering without making me feel like a doofus So do you think for my 17 year old son that a 16GB would be enough? I know I'm out of luck for now unless I'm blessed enough to win the one being given away here but I am trying to learn all I can and hopefully save enough money to get him one in time for Christmas.
    Yeah I would think so, 16GB would hold enough according to some guys iPhone it holds:

492 songs
    50 videos
    67 photos
    30 apps
    And I have 3.2 gb left.
    32GB would double all of this.

So I think 16GB should be fine

Rest in Peace STEVE JOBS
    Thanked by:
    CarrieMK (10-09-2011)
    iPhone Intermediate

Yeah I would think so, 16GB would hold enough according to some guys iPhone it holds:

492 songs
    50 videos
    67 photos
    30 apps
    And I have 3.2 gb left.
    32GB would double all of this.

So I think 16GB should be fine
    Thank you! That does sound like plenty and as you said before, he could also use the cloud. Well, I have another noob question... Since he has an iPod and iPad already, does that mean he could share using the cloud among all three devices?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

Thank you! That does sound like plenty and as you said before, he could also use the cloud. Well, I have another noob question... Since he has an iPod and iPad already, does that mean he could share using the cloud among all three devices?
    Yes, well it would depend on if the iPod he has gets the iOS 5 update, which it will if its an iPod 4 or 3. Otherwise he could as long as their all linked to the same account which i'm pretty sure he knows how to do already.

Rest in Peace STEVE JOBS
    Thanked by:
    CarrieMK (10-09-2011)
    iPhone Intermediate

Yes, well it would depend on if the iPod he has gets the iOS 5 update, which it will if its an iPod 4 or 3. Otherwise he could as long as their all linked to the same account which i'm pretty sure he knows how to do already.
    Lol, yes, he probably already knows. I am mainly asking for my own benefit so I will be knowledgeable enough to talk to him about it and make sure I have everything covered. Thanks again for all of your help!
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

Lol, yes, he probably already knows. I am mainly asking for my own benefit so I will be knowledgeable enough to talk to him about it and make sure I have everything covered. Thanks again for all of your help!
    No problem! If they're anything you still have questions about you can always send me a private message, and I'm helping you in more than one thread so this isn't goodbye

Rest in Peace STEVE JOBS
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I ordered my wife the iPhone 4S on Sprint. I am hoping the antenna on it is better than the one on the Epic 4G. Before the Samsung she was using the Palm Pre which was better than the Epic (at times). Overall I am hoping the antenna will be like those found on the Sanyo phones on Sprint. Everyone of the Sanyo phones i had with Sprint always held and had signal better than the Samsung phone currently.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D0minoid View Post
    I ordered my wife the iPhone 4S on Sprint. I am hoping the antenna on it is better than the one on the Epic 4G. Before the Samsung she was using the Palm Pre which was better than the Epic (at times). Overall I am hoping the antenna will be like those found on the Sanyo phones on Sprint. Everyone of the Sanyo phones i had with Sprint always held and had signal better than the Samsung phone currently.
    Yeah, the Antenna should be better considering Apple made 2 Antenna's in one device for iPhone 4S

Rest in Peace STEVE JOBS
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Yeah, the Antenna should be better considering Apple made 2 Antenna's in one device for iPhone 4S
    If it is, i might have to switch myself. The signal from the Samsung is low, We live a mile from two towers and the Samsung phone will not even keep a signal at our home. I am crossing my fingers for her.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D0minoid View Post
    If it is, i might have to switch myself. The signal from the Samsung is low, We live a mile from two towers and the Samsung phone will not even keep a signal at our home. I am crossing my fingers for her.
    Yeah you should definetly make the switch to iOS,

Rest in Peace STEVE JOBS
    iPhone Intermediate

Well, depending on how it goes with getting my son an iPhone, I may get one for myself next year when I have an upgrade. You can bet if I do I will be a frequent visitor of the jailbreak section
    iMore Beginner

I'm also getting my 4s on sprint. But I had the og iPhone but then went to sprint, so had to give it up. So excited to get my white 4s. Took me over am hour and a half to get it preordered .I already have a macbook thanks to my school and an iPad 2 so this will just fit right in
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,366 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

im on Sprint...i have a blackberry bold 9930. i pre-ordered an iphone4S 16gb as a 3nd line on my family plan. im only paying $42 extra a month to have an iphone...so i figured ill give it a try. so im not technically leaving my blackberry for an iphone...i love my blackberry. since iphone finally went to sprint...i can finally have the best of both worlds...my blackberry and my iphone
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version
    iOS 5

I'm actually a old Nextel customer that was came to Sprint. I made a bad move 2 years ago when I chose to stay with Sprint and get the new Blackberry Nextel phone was between that and a 3GS at the time. shortly after (1 month) my company that was using Nextels decided to go with regular phones. So I never really used the push to talk feature. the only thing Ive liked about the BB is the keyboard and the BBM now that iOS 5 has iMessage that's a wash but i still will miss my key board!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

I join all of you in the excitement of getting an iPhone 4S on Sprint. I think I've said it many times so far but it bears repeating at least once more- Android propeller heads would have a point if their OS was a stable, cooperative platform running on great hardware, but it is a buggy, uncooperative, storage space devouring headache thanks to Gingerbread and I cannot wait to jettison this headache in a handheld for the iPhone 4S. I just want to get things done and despite being a SUPER GEEK and UBER-NERD, I have no desire to tinker with a phone. I can do that with my laptop and desktop. I don't need that on a phone or Tablet.
    If you listen to metal, come and check out my tunes:
    http://darkblu.com
    Guitar Nerd, Shred Beast, Illustrator, Mac Tech lover
    MA356LL/A - MacPro1,1, w/ 2X2.66GHz Dual Core Xeons (4 Cores, total). 250GB HDD/160GB HDD. 2GB RAM. Mac OSX 10.7.5 Lion.
    iPhone 5C Green, Macbook Pro Early 2008, 2.4Ghz, 4GB, Geforce 8600GTS 256mb, 250GB HDD, Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 , iPad2 16GB Black, iOS 7.0.3
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

I got my iphone 4 march 8th at around 9 am. I've always watched the iphone and read the reviews and tried my best to keep up with it for the years. When i got my iphone i felt all powerful and unstoppable like i had captured the sun but now that all of that has cooled off i can honestly say

" It just works" which is more than i can say for my past 3 blackberries

Your going to gravely regret choosing sprint as your network, as we all have
    Last edited by Vanti; 09-25-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12