Getting my 4s on Sprint!! "On Becoming an Apple convert..."

powerbyte#AC

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I am not going to use the word "Fanboy" in this post...except for that one time there. In approximately one week, I will officially be an "Apple Convert". I started out with an iPod touch many years ago, and have since moved all they up to the 4th generation one. Both my wife and I loved our iPod touches so much, that we decided to get each other iPads for our anniversary this year. By that time I was hooked.
I am a Sprint sub (11+ years), and have never had the opportunity to use an iPhone on their network. Truth be told, Antennaegate and some parts of iOS kind of took me aback, but I still can't wait to power up that phone next Friday or Saturday. I have been an Android user since the first device came out on Sprint, and both my wife and I are using HTC Evos...Me a 3D, and her the OG Evo. To me the problem with Android is that once you root, and play, and re-rom, you kind of get bored. Enter the iPhone 4s.
I know, for those of you that have been on the iPhone scene for the 4 or 5 years it has been around, the iPhone 4S really didn't impress you all that much. But when you are on a network that never had it, and it finally comes, it's a totally different feeling.
Those of you that are debating whether or not to jump over to Sprint, I say make the leap. As I said earlier, I have been a sub for 11 years. The network started out very poorly, but since has made incredible improvements. I don't think you will be disappointed no matter where you live. I think a lot of people judge sprint because of signal strength, but truth be told, I think it also has to do with which phone you have. I have seen many cases where two phones, different makes and models, have VASTLY different signal strengths. If you are debating on coming over, just do the research. See what you think, and then make an informed decision.
I have been an active user of Android Central, and Pre Central for these past few years, and i truly look forward to talking with you all as I begin my iPhone journey.

Cheers!
Robert

elusivmd

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Palm convert over here! I have had Palm smartphones since the Treo680. This is my 1st iPhone as well. I figured since we already have a MacBook Pro & iPad 2 I might as well join the fun. That and HP totally clusterf*kd the whole webOS thing.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Palm convert over here! I have had Palm smartphones since the Treo680. This is my 1st iPhone as well. I figured since we already have a MacBook Pro & iPad 2 I might as well join the fun. That and HP totally clusterf*kd the whole webOS thing.

I came from Palm too, if only they made the hardware and the support better. It's alright though because everything iOS has is awesome!

jsigler

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one this morning as well. Been a Blackberry user for many years.
I have laughed hearing the complainers that this is just a 4s and not the 5... Well as a Sprint user I couldn't get a 4, so 4s or 5 or whatever model name they want this is nirvana and I'm totally excited to be getting the phone so many have raved about for years!

Reactions: iStarrwoman19

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
know, for those of you that have been on the iPhone scene for the 4 or 5 years it has been around, the iPhone 4S really didn't impress you all that much. But when you are on a network that never had it, and it finally comes, it's a totally different feeling.

I don't know about this...I've had every iPhone since they released them, and I'm just as excited to get this one as i always am! I can't imagine someone whose never owned one that really wants one and is this close, perhaps my patience level is more calm than yours lol...it's a very exciting time, and when you have the box in your hands, you feel like a kid at Christmas again. :)

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had it worse than all of you - I'm upgrading from a dumb phone! :p. I've wanted an iPhone for years, and it's finally time. And my iPad, and then iPad 2, have turned me into a total Apple fangirl! I can't wait until we can finally afford to ditch our PC for a iMac!!

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had it worse than all of you - I'm upgrading from a dumb phone! :p. I've wanted an iPhone for years, and it's finally time. And my iPad, and then iPad 2, have turned me into a total Apple fangirl! I can't wait until we can finally afford to ditch our PC for a iMac!!

Congrats on the new iPhone, hope it gives you as much joy as it has given the rest of the community :)

zragone

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Another Pre guy here (Zyphlin over at PreCentral). I prefer WP7 as an OS, prefer the specs of the Android phones, but the iPhone seems to be the best balance of them both with the best app catalog (in part because I already own a lot due to my iPad2).

Bought the phone off contract since my job MAY convert to the iPhone now that iOS5 improves some security things, in which case I'd sell the phone and just use my business phone at all times. Plus I figure this way next year I can get the iPhone5 which should be a new design rather than simply an update on an upgrade plan and change carriers if need be.

I'm really going to miss my Touchstone.

KCook3

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I was at Sprint for lots of year, bought the Palm pre when it came out and got ride of it a short time later, Sprint raised some fee's and I was able to get out of my contract at no charge. Went to ATT and got a IPhone 3Gs. No compairison with the Pre at all. The Pre had a few nice things but it was no Iphone. Apple has done a great job over the years with the phone and when they release a new version of the phone its always the one to beat!!

KC

cr12#IM

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
i came from a treo to launch day pre 1, then to an evo and now im back to what i wanted in the beginning. When i had an ipod touch i would basically carry it in addition to my phone, figured i would cut out the middleman. I also bought an ipad and when i saw how seamless things can work i decided it was time to use something that just worked. Looking to buy a mac next year too.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had Sprint WAY back in 2006-2007 and switch to Verizon. I currently have the Samsung Fascinate on Verizon and I am sick of it and sick of Android as a whole. I LOVED webOS. I had a Pre+ but I wasn't sure the hardware would have held up for 2 years so I sold it and went back to my OG Droid. I hate Android so I went BACK to a Pre+ and again sold it, and went BACK to the OG Droid, finally sold that and got the Fascinate. I was about to switch to Sprint 2 weeks ago but once I heard that Sprint might carry the iPhone I held off until this week.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I had Sprint WAY back in 2006-2007 and switch to Verizon. I currently have the Samsung Fascinate on Verizon and I am sick of it and sick of Android as a whole. I LOVED webOS. I had a Pre+ but I wasn't sure the hardware would have held up for 2 years so I sold it and went back to my OG Droid. I hate Android so I went BACK to a Pre+ and again sold it, and went BACK to the OG Droid, finally sold that and got the Fascinate. I was about to switch to Sprint 2 weeks ago but once I heard that Sprint might carry the iPhone I held off until this week.

Yeah, I've always been on Sprint, I've enjoyed webOS when it first released, but now that our Sprint user base gets to join in the Apple fun, webOS will be gone.. Well from Sprint atleast :)
And the iPhone will be Sprint's flagship device Just like the Palm Pre, HTC EVO, and HTC Arrive

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering become an iPhone convert. I have been a BlackBerry user for years (I love the tech component and have been really into beta testing) but have a Mac and iPods but was really intrigued by the iPhone 4s and the new OS 5. This may be the deciding factor for me. I'm just concerned with price. I may have to wait for it to come down in price/ a sale. I'm really excited for this device!

zragone

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Agreed! I really wish Apple would just by Palm from HP so they can implement true multi-tasking, phone to tablet integration, and end all this patent war BS. Oh and Touchstone charging...

What I really want is some kind of either metal back that will work with touchstone or some kind of case that would.

Or, if nothing else, a metal stand that would magnetize to the touchstone and would have a build in iStuff charger port in it that the iPhone could then connect to. At least then the touchstones would still be useful. Right now I doubt I'm going to be able to sell them for anything and they're doing me little to no good once I get the new phone.

I'm going to keep my Pre, so I'd keep one of my two, but they're just kind of sitting there.I figure keep my Pre and switch back to it a month or two out from the iPhone5 release so I can sell my iPhone4s before the new one is announced when hopefully there will be a slightly better market for it.

tbarbs169

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered the wife her 16GB iphone for Sprint. Coming from her Pre- she should be happy. I have moved from my Pre- to android (evo shift, and now the epic 4g touch) so i will see how her phone is. I have 30 days with Sams Club to exchange if i wanted to get an Iphone, but I have alot of droid apps and an acer iconia tablet. I like the rooting and hacking so I will likely stay, but the bonus is my wife is technologically challenged, so I will get to play with her phone as often as I want.:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods