Best carrier for the UK

AdamRoxby

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello all

I'm fairly new to the forum so forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place. I live in the UK and am seriously considering getting the new iPhone but was wondering which would be the best carrier. It would be nice to have unlimited data but I see that getting more and more rare. I would also prefer to spend more money upfront to get the phone rather than be locked into a long and expensive monthly outgoing for two years.

I'll be interested to hear people's thoughts, many thanks.

Nicodm

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
3 are the only Network that offer Unlimited data plans but other networks are better. I am on Orange and am happy on them.

Crisdean

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Can you be more specific whereabout you are? I'm with VF and was with O2 and both were having good coverage and offer good call quality (Scotland) Can't comment on Three tho.

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm on O2 and I've always had quite good reception. My only moan is that data seems to be throttled at about 1.5 meg download but it's good enough for me. I live in rural Lincolnshire by the way.

Sent from my iPhone iOS5 using Tapatalk

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Having used o2, Orange & Vodafone (& had differing issues with all of them), I am now on a monthly rolling SIM-only plan with 3. I'm a heavy data user on my iPhone (constantly on FB/Twitter & Skype video call my son abroad a few times a week), so have the unlimited data plan - think it costs me about ?20-25 a month. It also has more than enough texts/minutes per month as well.

Was easy to set-up & activate & they've been pretty helpful when I've needed to call. 3's network is also increasing quite rapidly, so coverage is fairly decent for me in most places in/around London where I now live. The only signal issues I've had is when travelling on the train for work between London & the Midlands & Manchester. The 3 app also gives you your usage stats, but is a pain if you want access detailed data or contact them, as it then diverts you to the website via Safari.

All in all, I'd defo recommend them over the other 'big' networks.

SteveyAsp

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm with 3 and once said I'd never return to them but have found them as good if not better than any of the other networks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2