upgrade scenario, questions?

kamachi923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
First let me say sorry for the question that has kinda been asked before but after reading threads all over the place I'm still not sure if I know the right course of action. Here is my scenario:

5 phone family plan:
4 iphones, 1 dumb phone.
all but 1 iphone line is eligible for upgrade, but the 1 dumb is eligible.

So all 4 iphones want to upgrade, so the question is how do I transfer the upgrade from the dumb phone to the 1 iphone that can't upgrade.

I would like to try and preorder all the iphones, is this possible?
Can I call AT&T and transfer the elibility before I order?
If not, I would assume I would buy the iphone on the dumb phone line add the data plan. then when I get the phones call AT&T to do the upgrade swap, and cancel the data plan?
The question then becomes will they let me just activate the dumb phone sim, and transfer the new iphone 4s?

Last question the iphone has the unlimited data plan. Will doing any of this have any effect on that?

Thanks for all your help.

P.S. If there is a better way to do this and still pre order or if I just have to wait for the phone to be more available in the AT&T store to do this please let me know that also. Thanks again.

chenzo51

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yep you got it right. You will have to buy an iPhone with the dumb phone swap sims and cancel the data plan on the dumb phone then. You grandfathered data plans don't change because AT&T does not care where you sim is. Hence if you took your iPhone sim out and put it into a feature phone they will continue to charge you the 30 bucks for data until you canceled it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2