Lose unlimited data when upgrading to LTE phone?

cell128

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
Does anyone know what att policy would be when upgrading to one of these new lte phones that will be coming out soon? I really can't be without my unlimited data. I consume between 3 and 5 gb's per month. I called att and the rep told me that I would have to switch to a tiered data plan but I chatted wit customer service and he said that I was grandfathered And I should have no problem. I need to know as I can still switch back to Verizon by mid November with a trial plan that I had activated on the last day they offered unlimited data. I switched back to att but if they force me to switch to 2 gb's of LTE I rather go back to Verizon and get unlimited with 5 unthrottled. I also heard that they do not throttle lte because there isn't much strain on that network yet.

cell128

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
You are still grandfathered into your plan. Also it is not an LTE phone hspa+

What is not an LTE phone hspa+? iphone 4s? I know that. I'm not buying that one I'm skipping until iPhone 5. I'm buying a LTE phone hopefully sAmsung galaxy s2 hd or nexus prime. Whichever one att receives. I spoke a couple of times with att reps. I got different answers. One rep said he could provision my plan for unlimited use on LTE network but that att could change their policy at any time. Another lady said that I would not be able to carry over my unlimited data onto a LTE phone. Please don't force me
To switch carriers. Where I work I only get edge. No 3G. Only 3G outside the building (it is made out of very thick blast proof metal). Hopefully LTE Should provide service since it does for verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2