Any experience with H20 Wireless?

ashykat

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I was curious if anyone has any experience with H20 Wireless. I'm not a big fan of contracts and I've heard some good things about H20 so far, one perk being that you can use any unlocked GSM phone AND you can also use phones locked to AT&T without unlocking them. They have some great plans and I'm sure that their customer service sucks as is the case with most prepaid carriers, but I'm thinking it may be worth it. The only thing keeping me from jumping in right now is not hearing any stories from people I'm familiar with. So, I come to you, TiPb forums and ask what you think of H20?

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Never tried it, but from what I heard, their $60 plan advertises unlimited data, but really it isn't. It's really annoying to some people because you can be cut off for excessive data use, but no one really knows what the cap is or what is considered excessive use.

Also, I wouldn't expect customer service to be great either. You may experience long waits because it is an MVNO and you get what you pay for, pretty much.

teedawgh

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have had H2O and their only flaw is customer support. It takes forever to get through. Other than that, I have an iPhone 4 that works on AT&T's full 3G network for like half the price. Reception is great, I get AT&T's full coverage, and it works with 3G in the iPhone!!!

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I know this is old. But I just got H2o from a secondary on my verizon iphone 5.
Did compare to others on AT&T and the voice signal seems same and the 4G is ok when you get it. I am noticing that it stays on 4G even in a 3G area.
da2ysusu.jpg
ry5ajuhu.jpg

Speed test is at home and second pic is my work. Both in Syracuse NY but 10 minute drive apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inkymycat

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
In January 2014 I cancelled my out of contract with sprint because they would not unlock my iPhone 4s. I ended up buying a used unlocked AT&T iPhone 4s and switched to H20 Wireless.

For the first 1-2 months it was great then it seemed like I got capped on my data. I mainly use Pandora and don't stream a lot of videos unless I'm on wifi. I was also suppose to get 10% off for auto pay. I only received 2 months since January 2014. In July 2014 my service was cancelled while I was on vacation by H2O. I had to get on my ipad and do a live chat. I was told it was cancelled because I didn't pay my bill. I told them I had auto pay.

Within 30 minutes they had me signed back up and gave me 10% of my bill but in August they took the 10% off and charged me the 60 dollars again. When they cancelled my phone in July I missed a very important call. So at the end of this month I will cancel them and go with Cricket. I will be on the same AT&T towers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice