Who will be switching to Sprint for the iPhone 5 ?

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
aren't android phones (the latest ones) data hogs? So iphones are bigger data hogs? Always wondered how this is. One uses more data? Can someone explain this?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has never had a data hog like the iPhone will be on their network...the days of unlimited data on ANY network carrying the iPhone is very short lived. I'm hoping that something breaks through in the next few years that causes the carriers to move away from these "data plans" and basically just realizes that the way things are going, everything is going to be over the network in this fashion anyways (including phone calls), so they'll eventually need to start becoming more attractive to customers in this way...giving us all the data we can eat for no extra cost.

Android phones use more data than the iPhone and sprint has plenty of Android phones on their network.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Android phones use more data than the iPhone and sprint has plenty of Android phones on their network.

Yes this is correct. The EVO 4G was the hottest Android phone of 2010. This phone actually put Sprint back in the game. It would be very foolish for them to introduce the hottest phone then axe the unlimited data plan. However, as Redraider said, unlimited data plans will not last. I'm cool with that actually because I have WIFI everywhere.

michaelone#IM

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Sprint doesn't have the best track record regarding stupid decisions. Buying Nextel, building out Wimax and then switching to LTE and worse, announcing it in advance thereby obsoleting their current phone lineup. Why would I want to buy a Wimax phone if Sprint will be switching to LTE?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sprint doesn't have the best track record regarding stupid decisions. Buying Nextel, building out Wimax and then switching to LTE and worse, announcing it in advance thereby obsoleting their current phone lineup. Why would I want to buy a Wimax phone if Sprint will be switching to LTE?

It will most likely just be 3g anyway.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I currently have AT&T and will not be switching due to the good coverage that they offer in my area. Plus I get a 24% discount off my voice and unlimited data plan with AT&T that I would lose of I went to Sprint.

Chrissosa18

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I will be getting iphone 5 from sprint

I love at&t and the features they offer but i love sprint 69.99 all you can talk plan its saves alot of money especially in times like now things are expensive and plans arent cheap but i want to see if they cancel that plan but if not i will be going to sprint and mat have both ip[hones 4 and 5 lol

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Possibly going to a Sprint family plan from an AT&T individual plan. AT&T has been really unreliable as of late.

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be wise for Sprint to keep their Unlimited Data Plan, however, I can totally see them pulling the "In order to activate your iPhone, you'll have to change your plan to one of the (insert witty plan name) plans." They've done this before in the past. That or tack on a Super-Mega-Awesomeness Premium Data Plan, and charge a $10 fee (which they will explain as a rich data experience), that's required for the iPhone (EVO 4G fee anyone?)

Last edited:

scottae316

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I switched two lines from AT&T to Sprint because Sprint has unlimited data. The remaining AT&T line was the only one with a grandfathered unlimited data plan. So if Sprint gets the iPhone I'm covered and will be able to get them.

davidahn

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Heck no

I'm on Sprint and am waiting for the iPhone 5 to switch to Verizon.

When I first got my Palm Pre, I could tether at 2.2-2.8 Mbps. I've been down at 300-600 kbps for almost a year. Multiple calls to Sprint have led to no fixes. I think the Evo 4Gs are sucking up all the 3G devices' bandwidth. AT&T iPhones are testing at 6-8 Mbps even with 3G, so anyone will be better than Sprint's data speeds.

organix

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have Sprint now and will switch to Verizon or AT&T with the new iphone (even if Sprint gets it).

However, I would say that most of you shouldn't base your decisions just on unlimited data. They will force you to change your plan eventually or just greatly throttle your speeds. They aren't going to honor those grandfathered plans forever.

Last edited:

BenWerx

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating on what choice to make because my contract with Sprint is up in October so it's either get the iPhone with them or go with Verizon or At&t???? The hard choices one ha to make! :/

knowlivelove516

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have an android phone and Im currently on a verizon family plan. I've been waiting for what seems like forever for iPhone 5 and have been considering switching to my own plan and sprint has the cheapest. Service isn't too bad where I am. Besides, sooooo many people have crappy service and still love their iPhones :p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77