T-Mobile & the iPhone 5

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else currently on T-Mobile hoping each and everyday we get some sort of official announcement that the next iPhone will be available to us??? I was trying to speculate how they will handle their data plans. Everyone on T-Mobile knows that if you exceed your data cap they "slow" your speeds down to EDGE. I can see them offering an "iPhone" data plan with a 2GB cap for $30 and not slowing you down afterwards. I am so sick of their crappy Android phones and want the iPhone. So hard for me because I'm using a 2 year old BlackBerry 8900 with EDGE speeds. Every single Android phone I tried with T-Mobile had numerous issues. Anyone else currently holding out for a T-Mobile iPhone 5?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else currently on T-Mobile hoping each and everyday we get some sort of official announcement that the next iPhone will be available to us??? I was trying to speculate how they will handle their data plans. Everyone on T-Mobile knows that if you exceed your data cap they "slow" your speeds down to EDGE. I can see them offering an "iPhone" data plan with a 2GB cap for $30 and not slowing you down afterwards. I am so sick of their crappy Android phones and want the iPhone. So hard for me because I'm using a 2 year old BlackBerry 8900 with EDGE speeds. Every single Android phone I tried with T-Mobile had numerous issues. Anyone else currently holding out for a T-Mobile iPhone 5?

Every android PERIOD has issues...

I imagine with the recent nix of the AT&T/Tmobile combo...Tmobile will deff try something to lure people into their stores (especially if they get the iPhone). They'd be quite wise to stick with an unlimited data plan with such a phone...not sure if they could, especially since (like sprint), they've never had a phone that eats up quite so much data on their network (legitimately).

I know my buddy, who's used Tmobile for years with an iPhone anyways is hoping to have the 5 come to the network legitimately so he can get it at a discounted rate.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I imagine with the recent nix of the AT&T/Tmobile combo...Tmobile will deff try something to lure people into their stores (especially if they get the iPhone). They'd be quite wise to stick with an unlimited data plan with such a phone...not sure if they could, especially since (like sprint), they've never had a phone that eats up quite so much data on their network (legitimately).

I know my buddy, who's used Tmobile for years with an iPhone anyways is hoping to have the 5 come to the network legitimately so he can get it at a discounted rate.

Yeah they have to get it because I don't think they can survive without it. I had the Galaxy S 4G, myTouch 4G, and HTC Sensation 4G and all had issues, especially the Sensation. I think T-Mobile gets lower quality made phones or something. I just hope they get it this fall or I'm probably going to have to go to AT&T. Would be nice to keep my existing plan but I have WiFi everywhere.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Well how much time is left on your contract? If it doesn't come to Tmobile and your contract is up or almost up, you could wait and switch to ATT or Verizon?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

You do realize android uses more data than the iphone right? You keep saying the iphone is a data hog and they never had a data hog on their network but they have with all the android phones that they have.Do Android phones normally consume more data?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2