Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts

Question Question about reinstating service?

In early June I ported my number from T-Mobile to AT&T for the iPhone 4. I kept it for 2 weeks then decided to go back to T-Mobile. I have since experiencd the worst customer service from them and had the absolute worst phones, cough HTC Sensation 4G. I can currently log into my AT&T account but obviously its not currently active. Once the iPhone 5 comes out I want to port my number back to AT&T. So my question is would it all be under a new account and require a new credit check or would the old account get reinstated? I'm assuming if it got reinstated that would screw me over with getting the iPhone 5 even though I returned the iPhone 4? Thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Did you cancel service properly? Or did you just go back to Tmobile and let the account close?
    MattMJB0188 likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts

I ported my number back to T-Mobile and then returned the phone. They had charged me an ETF but waived it. I will call to verify the account is closed.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    I ported my number back to T-Mobile and then returned the phone. They had charged me an ETF but waived it. I will call to verify the account is closed.
    You have 60 days to return to AT&T and activate the account you originally had with them. If you are waiting till the iPhone 5 comes out you can simply start a new account. As long as you paid the final bill that AT&T sent you for the 2 weeks that you did have service with them, you'll have no problems coming back.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 08-23-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    MattMJB0188 likes this.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts

Called AT&T and that's exactly what they said. Thanks to both you guys for willing to help.