Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Question about reinstating service?

In early June I ported my number from T-Mobile to AT&T for the iPhone 4. I kept it for 2 weeks then decided to go back to T-Mobile. I have since experiencd the worst customer service from them and had the absolute worst phones, cough HTC Sensation 4G. I can currently log into my AT&T account but obviously its not currently active. Once the iPhone 5 comes out I want to port my number back to AT&T. So my question is would it all be under a new account and require a new credit check or would the old account get reinstated? I'm assuming if it got reinstated that would screw me over with getting the iPhone 5 even though I returned the iPhone 4? Thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you cancel service properly? Or did you just go back to Tmobile and let the account close?
    MattMJB0188 likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ported my number back to T-Mobile and then returned the phone. They had charged me an ETF but waived it. I will call to verify the account is closed.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    I ported my number back to T-Mobile and then returned the phone. They had charged me an ETF but waived it. I will call to verify the account is closed.
    You have 60 days to return to AT&T and activate the account you originally had with them. If you are waiting till the iPhone 5 comes out you can simply start a new account. As long as you paid the final bill that AT&T sent you for the 2 weeks that you did have service with them, you'll have no problems coming back.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 08-23-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    MattMJB0188 likes this.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Called AT&T and that's exactly what they said. Thanks to both you guys for willing to help.