Really? Verizon rep disses iPhone

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Thought this was a pretty funny conversation:

Zach: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
You: quick question
Zach: Are you looking for a new phone?
You: if i get the 30$ data package for smart phones....does that include txt messaging?
Zach: No that is seperate are you a new customer or existing?
You: would be new
You: so for txt + data...i am looking at over 30$.....
Zach: Not a problem yes that is correct we are the most advanced you can get what ever you want.
You: lol ....also the most expensive. THanks
Zach: Yes for more quality you have to pay more.
You: maybe in service reception, but i heard your 3g data speeds are slower than AT&T, or any other company for that matter.
You: i am referring to iPhone...so a 4g phone is not optional
Zach: No not at all and the iPhones are slower than a lot of androids.
Zach: We are atleast 4 times faster, why do you think you have to pay more? Only because we have to apy a lot to get you your services you wouldn't be dissapointed.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
More like one here in the US that has recently been "coached" by their manager that they're not pushing enough Android :D

EXACTLY! iPhones price is set. The sales people are always going to push the phones with the highest profit margin for the companies.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
iPhone = ZERO profit to the selling rep. None.
Android = Quite a bit of profit for the rep.

Can you really blame someone for wanting a paycheck? It sucks from the reps standpoint really :(

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely all about which phone makes them the most money. I was at Verizon the other day, and the rep was talking down the iPhone to a customer. The funny thing is was he had an iPhone on his hip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My wife is a rep they get told they have to get one customer to upgrade / resign a contract a month or they get wrote up ... No commission just do it or else .. This is just for customer care reps I'm sure the online rep like above is a whole diff story

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I carry an iPhone 4 and I still push Android. I want to pay my rent and have the things I have, drive the car I drive. I'll still sell an iPhone if it's what they really want, I'm not THAT guy, but I still wanna make money at the end of the day.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I carry an iPhone 4 and I still push Android. I want to pay my rent and have the things I have, drive the car I drive. I'll still sell an iPhone if it's what they really want, I'm not THAT guy, but I still wanna make money at the end of the day.

It's your job u do what u gotta do no shame from me I would do the same and android is not that bad everyone likes diff stuff

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Store reps aren't paid based on the phone you sell...they are paid for add-ons, and your actual contract. Maybe phone reps are different, but in-store reps are paid based on you getting a new contract, renewing a contract, and your add-ons.

All reps typically recommend whatever they are most familiar with. When I was a rep...I sold a ton of blackberry, because, at that time, I was most familiar with it and could solve troubles easily. Then I started using Android, and sold a ton of android. If I still worked for big red, I'd sell iphones.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro